Iphone Knock-Offs

FarangBuddha

Re the iPhone knock-offs you see for sale for around B 5k at the mobile phone centers, do they actually work? They look interesting and have the touch sensitive screens and icons found on a real iPhone. What OS are they running and do they sync with iTunes content and do they run real apps downloaded from the iTunes store?

You'd get the same desired effect by walking around town with a dry dog poop in your pocket all day. Everything was crap on the one i tried, but that said, the TV tuner was nifty.

That is all.

They are 1900 bht here in Kanchanaburi, 1800 if you really beat up the seller and cheaper than the ones I saw in HK a couple of weeks ago.

Look like an iPhone and little else.

No 3G or wifi and forget about any apps.

Does run two sims though.

Agree that the Chinese battery lasts about a day. You'll have to upgrade that immediately.

All the iphone and Nokia clones I've had the chance to get a closer look at (that is about 4-5 phones) had a horribly crappy camera optics - even in broad daylight pictures would get blury and distorted, no matter how many million megapixels it supposedly had. I'd go as far as giving the camera the label 'unusable'.

And the most recent experience with a Nokia phone clone (one with no keyboard and only touch screen): called a automated phone service (one like 'press 1 for...') and couldn't proceed because the onscreen keyboard would disappear after the connection was established! There was no obvious way to get it back, and trying to navigate through the menu to trick the phone into displaying the onscreen keyboard took too long and the phone service would cut the connection before.

And be sure these are not the only two problems I've found.

Stay away!!