Disappointed With Response From Brits

pschef

I think I deserve a better response from my fellow Brits, what happened? You must be all in UK enjoying your pension credits? Anyway let me try and arouse you all from slumber again.

I did post this and maybe we can get the ball rolling, come on guys wake up.

Well that certainly got some reaction, for and against the theory of claiming pension credits. Me I think why not, I worked all my life and paid contributions even whilst working overseas. I come to this stage of life, and they rule me out. I live with my family in Thailand, I live a normal existence. So this rule means I can’t stay with my family, if I don’t work. As the OP stated, we should be able to live where we want and spend our money as we like.

I remember my father at my age, all he did was dream of the day. When he could get his pension, and take care of his garden. Sorry to say he died 3 years after he got it; he had worked all his life and fought in the war. What a shame he didn’t get to enjoy his retirement, and then why I should inherit some of those benefits.

I guess our government prefer to give our benefits to immigrants, people who have never contributed anything to our country.

Quote from Chivas

Either you're entitled to the credit because of low income/savings or not.

If you are, and then are able to budget accordingly to allow you stay in Thailand (or wherever) then good luck to you.Either that's wholly acceptable OR alcohol and tobacco are forbidden to residents who stay in the uk !! Whats the difference ??

(substitute booze/fags for whatever)

I need more imput. Thanks and love the new web page

Are you British? you sound as if youve left the country a while ago and want to get a full pension for paying a bit of NI, you post is not exactly full of detail.

Dont know about left the country, seems more like he has left this earth! I cant make head nor tail of the OPs post at all, wonder what he was on?

Are you British? you sound as if youve left the country a while ago and want to get a full pension for paying a bit of NI, you post is not exactly full of detail.

Dont know about left the country, seems more like he has left this earth! I cant make head nor tail of the OPs post at all, wonder what he was on?

Very true,seems to me the previous answers were concise and to the point.But he can't acccept that Pension Credits come with a clause i.e YOU MUST BE IN THE UK TO BE ELIBLE TO CLAIM.

I suspect the answer he wants is how to still live in Thailand in the sun,while being paid by the UK.