Just Got Skype

joka

u dont need any ATM card or credits on your skype account to call other skype-users....its free from Comp to Comp..... i use it since a few days and its working well..... probably I will use it very often in the future....the sound quality is okay..... you can add me at ASIAWOLFIE there if you wanna talk to me for a while.....

For info:

Skype Technologies recently (18-Jun-05) released an updated version 1.3.0.48 of this freeware program.

Changes in v1.3.0.48:

BUG FIX - If email field was empty in profile, Skype generated excessive traffic under some circumstances .

Homepage:here

Download Link here

cheers :o

Just wondering what speed connection you need for skype to work. I have tried to download the software many times and it has timed out when the download is about half way through. I am connected to the internet at between 28kbs and 31 kbs. Is this fast enough for skype to work or do you need broadband.

Any help appreciated

Just answered my own question. On the skype website it says that you need a minimum of 33.6 kbs for it to work.

Has anyone else encountered this or will it work under that speed. Lately I have been connected at 31.2 kbs.

Just wondering what speed connection you need for skype to work.    I have tried to download the software many times and it has timed out when the download is about half way through.  I am connected to the internet at between 28kbs and 31 kbs.  Is this fast enough for skype to work or do you need broadband.

Any help appreciated

If you have trouble downloading, try one of the download managers like Go!Zilla, GetRight, etc. which will allow you to resume the download at the point you lost the connection. No need to start over again.

As to your connection speed, Skype states:

What kind of Internet connection do I need to use Skype?

The minimum internet requirements to use Skype are a dial-up connection with at least a 33.6Kbps modem. However, to get the best results out of Skype we suggest that you have a broadband internet connection (cable, DSL, etc). GPRS is not supported for voice calls and results using satellite internet connections may vary.

Even though you may not quite reach 33.6Kbps, give it a try. Might just work.

Good luck :o