Xbox 360 Voltage Convertor?

Griizley

Hello,

Will my American Xbox Live account work in Thailand? I just put a year on it, so dont really want to get rid of it.

Also, if I bring my American Xbox with me to Thailand, should I use a voltage converter? Can you link me?

Lastely, can I buy a legit (not modded) xbox in Thailand to play on Live with? What would you suggest, I bring my xbox with me, or just buy a new one in Thailand?

• 3 weeks later...

1) yes depending on the quality of the internet connection and whether you can reliably connect wherever you are staying/living in Thailand

2) 360s should work fine despite most US electrical products being 60hz and Thai products are 50Hz. A voltage converter can't change the frequency so you could be taking a risk. As the 360 has an external 'brick' you simply buy a 220V AC one to replace your 120V AV US one, there are many shops that will sell you one in Pantip Plaza, Siam Square etc for around 1000b and it's preferable to plugging your US one into a power converter. The brick you need depends on which model you've got; the Xenon (2005-2006), and Zephyr (2006-2007) have 203W power supply, Opus (2007) Falcon (2007-2008) have 175W power supply and Jasper (2008-current) has 150W power supply. The new slims have Valhalla and require a completely different 'brick'.

3) Hard to find an unmodded 360 in Thailand, they usually cost more. Bring your 360 with you and buy an new brick. Don't buy in Thailand as they are overpriced - you can get a Slim 360 for USD 300 in the US right now - and get a warranty!