Bangkok Prisons

TheAceFace

Last October I tried to visit any American's in Bang Kwang. I went round and round for a while crossing the street back and fourth with my taxi driver in tow.

Finally ended up in a office with some five desk guards. All nice fellows really.

One spoke english, he told me there was no America's in the prison at this time, all have been sent back to the US of A. So I thought of our Mother country, England, and asked if any one was from England, they said "yes two men" may I see them? "no" wrong day for visiting them. All I wanted to do is say hello and buy some poor soul some goodies from the prison store. Well, I felt good for making the attempt.

Last October I tried to visit any American's in Bang Kwang. I went round and round for a while crossing the street back and fourth with my taxi driver in tow.

Finally ended up in a office with some five desk guards. All nice fellows really.

One spoke english, he told me there was no America's in the prison at this time, all have been sent back to the US of A. So I thought of our Mother country, England, and asked if any one was from England, they said "yes two men" may I see them? "no" wrong day for visiting them. All I wanted to do is say hello and buy some poor soul some goodies from the prison store. Well, I felt good for making the attempt.

Go to the embassy first and ask them what days and who you can visit.

I saw an interview with a British woman who was transferred back to the UK to complete her sentence. She said the same thing. He comment was that while the conditions were tough in Thailand, it wasn’t a soulless place. She wished that she didn’t get transferred back, as the ‘nicer’ UK prisons are much harder to serve time in as the general population and prison staff were more hardened.

.... Mr. Samran wrote.

It points in the direction that the prisoners populations of both countries differ.

And this is of course related to the way the judicial system in these countries works.

To be sentenced to jail in Europe, you must have committed a serious crime and this has to be proven (almost) above all possible doubt.

The Thai system seems sometimes to be based on arbitrariness.

Many inmates are said to be scapegoats, others got a draconic punishment for minor offences.

You probably find more decent people in Thai than in European jails.