Educational Web-Site

kat1

Hi,

I have been a volunteer teacher at a small local government school for the past four years. Initially I was asked to teach English to each class (p.1 - m.3). Over time this has been reduced to me taking the computer classes and 'easy English conversation' for m.1 - m.3.

Not being a Thai speaker, and not having any background in education, together with being a 'reserved' Brit has made it a struggle.

I'm used to working, so took it upon myself to build an interactive learning system, including audio-visual elements. IT in teaching has become a focus from what I can gather, so thinking it could be very useful, I have been expanding to include other areas apart from English, and in particular, the ability to take previous O-NET exams that have feedback built in. This is a time consuming task as I do not read/write Thai, and as the OCR software makes mistakes, I must check each individual character.

My question is, who should I contact to see if there is any interest in using what I am making, with a view to providing to other schools?

I have always drawn a blank talking to the only fluent English teacher, as there is a personality clash, and I never get any response to requests and discussions for even basic information, with the other teachers leaving her to be my communication point.

I have put in three years of daily hard work and would hate to see it go to waste when there seems to be little else available.

first Thing I would like to say as an Academic director of a small school.

Do you want a job? What you are doing sounds great and is very help full for the kids.

As far as moving it into other schools I can only suggest you contact other schools and speak directly to the English Director. Take your laptop and give them a little show about what you have done.

I would be interested in seeing it as well and could swap some ideas as I make spelling tests using powerpoint.

I am in Chiang Mai. I would leave you my email but i am not sure how to do it on Thai visa. i am a newby. Is there any way of swapping info without telling the whole world.

Do you want a job? What you are doing sounds great and is very help full for the kids.

As far as moving it into other schools I can only suggest you contact other schools and speak directly to the English Director. Take your laptop and give them a little show about what you have done.

I would be interested in seeing it as well and could swap some ideas as I make spelling tests using powerpoint.

I am in Chiang Mai. I would leave you my email but i am not sure how to do it on Thai visa. i am a newby. Is there any way of swapping info without telling the whole world.

Click the dude's icon which will bring up some options including PM (personal mesage). Send him that message and your phone # if you wish; nobody else will see it (supposedly).

Yes, click on his name on the left side of the screen and it will say 'send a message' and you can correspond through that. It's private. Don't post emails on the open forum.

Best of luck.

Hello ducksonspeed,

I am also in Chiang Mai, so am happy to visit you to exchange ides etc.

I have sent you a PM.