Rednecks On Bikes

:) Today once again we have a string of yahoos on the Chaweng Beach road, needlessly revving their big bikes over the 100db limit. This is just needless, a case of "I'm a nobody but people look at me when I rev my bike" The police should restrict these idiots to the ringroad !

What a boring bourgeois statement.

:) They do no harm and it's a pleasure to look at their bikes and to have them here. I would say, that you certainly don't have an understanding about that feeling of freedom of riding a big bike.

:) They do no harm and it's a pleasure to look at their bikes and to have them here. I would say, that you certainly don't have an understanding about that feeling of freedom of riding a big bike.

Opinions are like rectums & everyones got one. I'm a biker, have been for most my life but some people take things a little bit too far in relation to exhaust systems on bikes. Its not restricted to anyone group, Ive had my eardrums shattered by everything from a Honda Wave 100 right through to some tosser on his oversized Honda Davidson. Theres nothing wrong with a nice sounding exhaust but some people just take things to STUPID LEVELS. simple as that.

Funny how everybody seems to want the state (i.e. police) to stop everybody else doing what they want to do but want the same state to keep out of their own affairs.

As ND says there's nothing better than a nice big motorbike rather than these uprated mopeds everyone drives these days. But yes, some people have no brains when it comes to annoying actions. Was the same when I was a spotty youf, guys had Tiger Cubs with gutted exhausts to make them sound something more than they were. Stupid really, the Cub was a fine motorbike in it's day.

You don't say whether they are farangs or Thais. Either way you could, if they are doing it near your property, have a quiet word with them, maybe send some cold drinks over, and come to an amicable arrangement.

If they're not near your property leave it to those whose properties they are near to complain or otherwise and move on where you can't hear them.

There have been idiots amongst us in one way or another ever since Adam accepted that apple from the snake.

Noise pollution from this bikes? I was on Chaweng when they drove by. And I would say, that the noise level of that parade could not even match half the level of the advertisement pick ups, the ones with the huge PA in the back, which drive around the whole year.

:D They do no harm and it's a pleasure to look at their bikes and to have them here. I would say, that you certainly don't have an understanding about that feeling of freedom of riding a big bike.

I think Crusty's an old sea dog with a liking only for the sound of the waves :)

screaming eagle at it again, if its the pirates they are not normally to bad. only joking SE

thankfully good old patters does not tolerate such stuff, BIB would have a field day with them, still its a Samui thread so tough, you have to live with all the noise crap on Samui.

Edited by NALAK

It was awesome! My first time riding around the island with these guys and it was a blast!

I was on my 650 Ninja with my new Arrow exhaust with DB killer removed and it's loud as hel_l!

I want Soi dogs to scatter when I'm driving along the road (which they do now with the noise)

I also want Somchai on his scooter to hear me coming so he doesn't turn in to me as they normally do when not checking their mirrors (that is if they haven't removed them) and not indicating to turn...

But that's just me.

Matt.

Noise pollution from this bikes? I was on Chaweng when they drove by. And I would say, that the noise level of that parade could not even match half the level of the advertisement pick ups, the ones with the huge PA in the back, which drive around the whole year.

i must have missed something in Crust post i did not see where it mentioned a parade, but i did agree with his comment that some of the people on bikes are blasting the exhaust way beyound reason. i was in the centar parking lot yesterday or the day before and one such idiot was demonstrating his noise making skills. btw the big bikes imo are much better than the wind up rev on the craker jack exhaust the small bikes use. having said this i agree the big bikes are beautiful to look at, i took my son to the sturgess bike run a in n. dekota a couple of yrs ago a lot of fun.

Looking at the bikes is fine. That said, I F&$#@ hate noisy bikes. Too many times I've been sitting outside at a bar/restaurant/cafe and some super loud piece of #!!#$!@ rides by and everyone has to wait to continue the conversation. Sure, enjoy your "freedom to ride the big bike" but when that "freedom" starts disturbing others around you can shove your freedom. I also hate the big trucks making noise but it's more understandable coming from them. Of course those #$%! "TONIGHT! TONIGHT!" SOBs are right up there on my list too. :D

It was awesome! My first time riding around the island with these guys and it was a blast!

I was on my 650 Ninja with my new Arrow exhaust with DB killer removed and it's loud as hel_l!

I want Soi dogs to scatter when I'm driving along the road (which they do now with the noise)

I also want Somchai on his scooter to hear me coming so he doesn't turn in to me as they normally do when not checking their mirrors (that is if they haven't removed them) and not indicating to turn...

But that's just me.

Matt.

Matt,

I have a 650 Ninja also, great fun.

Where did you pick up your exhaust? was thinking of getting an Arrow for mine.

The ride sounds like it was a blast.

Cheers

Matt,

Cheers

I was lucky enough that a friend of mine was in the States and was willing to bring it back for me. I think they're about twice the price here. The change is has made is amazing, mid-range is incredible, the sound as well... :)

post-78406-013255100 1276386490_thumb.jp

Edited by MattCinderey

Great timing for this thread....Samui Bike Weekend....when is the samui regatta ? i want to start a thread on how it spoils my view of the sea.

smokie, what happened? 12 hours for a funny reply? You still keep vigil for the soi dogs or something? :)

If ya can'thandle the thunder from the hd then put earplugs in your ears,or live somewhere else,see ya

Just to make sure no one got any sleep last night, thesexxxxx were booming along in convoy between Lamai and Chaweng up until midnight. Thesexxxxx have no place on a peaceful tropical island and their intention is clear as they repeatedly target Samui's most populated areas so their exhaust's noise clatters off the buildings. Mentally impaired and with a pack mentality these idiots need serious help from the men in white coats !

Edited by Rooo
Flames removed. Rooo.

Just to make sure no one got any sleep last night, thesexxxxx were booming along in convoy between Lamai and Chaweng up until midnight. Thesexxxxx have no place on a peaceful tropical island and their intention is clear as they repeatedly target Samui's most populated areas so their exhaust's noise clatters off the buildings. Mentally impaired and with a pack mentality these idiots need serious help from the men in white coats !

Crusty - I was one of these 'idiots' with a loud exhaust yesterday, are you saying in mentally impaired and need help? :D

Although, I wasn't I wasn't one driving late last night, I was tucked up in bed by 10am as usual... :)

Matt.

Matt,

Cheers

I was lucky enough that a friend of mine was in the States and was willing to bring it back for me. I think they're about twice the price here. The change is has made is amazing, mid-range is incredible, the sound as well... :)

That's cool, looks great. I think I may do the same then, get one brought over.

Thanks.

post-78406-013255100 1276386490_thumb.jp

Crusty - I was one of these 'idiots' with a loud exhaust yesterday, are you saying in mentally impaired and need help? :D

Although, I wasn't I wasn't one driving late last night, I was tucked up in bed by 10am as usual... :D

Matt.

:) Don't despair Matt, help is as close as Surat Thani

Good morning all!! Just recovering from a dam_n good Samui Bike weekend....... Then I read this:(

Dear oh dear. The usual bigoted rubbish from old age pensioners who don't like other people having a good time. OK. Some riders might have been a little over exhuberent . I'd much rather hear a loud bike for a few seconds than daily continual "get the seat earlier. get the seat earlier".

This weekend brought business to Samui (hotels, bars, restaurants), raised money for charity and raised awareness that Samui is a great place to visit. Apart from "Red Necks" who complain about it..... :)

Good morning all!! Just recovering from a dam_n good Samui Bike weekend....... Then I read this:(

Dear oh dear. The usual bigoted rubbish from old age pensioners who don't like other people having a good time. OK. Some riders might have been a little over exhuberent . I'd much rather hear a loud bike for a few seconds than daily continual "get the seat earlier. get the seat earlier".

This weekend brought business to Samui (hotels, bars, restaurants), raised money for charity and raised awareness that Samui is a great place to visit. Apart from "Red Necks" who complain about it..... :D

:D :D :D:)

This weekend brought business to Samui (hotels, bars, restaurants), raised money for charity and raised awareness that Samui is a great place to visit. Apart from "Red Necks" who complain about it..... :)

:D

Next time I'm on Samui I'll come to your bar, wait until you're talking to someone then yell in your ear for 5-10 seconds. I'm sure you'd be fine with that. :D

btw - One of my friends is the president of one of the biker clubs. I'm not against bikes, I just don't like the noise they make.

Edited by koheesti

Next time I'm on Samui I'll come to your bar, wait until you're talking to someone then yell in your ear for 5-10 seconds. I'm sure you'd be fine with that. :D

btw - One of my friends is the president of one of the biker clubs. I'm not against bikes, I just don't like the noise they make.

You are welcome to our bar / clubhouse. Every 30 minuutes you would have to yell over the noise of trucks blaring "Super fight, Super fight", Q Bar, Ice Bar, Black noon parties". Yelling in my ear for no reason might get a rather terse response!

"I'm not against bikes. I just don't like the noise they make". is like saying "I'm not against old people. I just don't like how much it costs to keep them alive" or "'I'm not against people having a good time. I just don't like them enjoying themselves".

I know all the Presidents of the Bike Clubs here on Samui (as I'm one myself) am I'm surprised he'd be your friend if you are so blinkered in your thinking. :D

Some people on hear need to lighten up. This is Samui. Live and let live.

There's noise pollution everywhere not only from bikes... It's up to you to decides whether you make it in to a problem for yourself or not, you have the choice, you can get angry or chose to just take it as part of being here...

What about the trucks that drive around with tannoy systems, "Lady and Gentleman, tonight, tonight, get the seat earlier, get the seat earlier.."

or the girls that scream "masaaage" as you drive by,

or the planes flying over head,

or the rather loud gecko's or the porch,

or the old banger trucks with no exhausts at all,

or the jetski's out at sea,

or the music blaring from the local wat when an event is on,

Yesterday was fun for a lot of people. :)

Matt.

You are welcome to our bar / clubhouse. Every 30 minuutes you would have to yell over the noise of trucks blaring "Super fight, Super fight", Q Bar, Ice Bar, Black noon parties". Yelling in my ear for no reason might get a rather terse response!

"I'm not against bikes. I just don't like the noise they make". is like saying "I'm not against old people. I just don't like how much it costs to keep them alive" or "'I'm not against people having a good time. I just don't like them enjoying themselves".

I know all the Presidents of the Bike Clubs here on Samui (as I'm one myself) am I'm surprised he'd be your friend if you are so blinkered in your thinking. :D

"blinkered" in my thinking? Someone who doesn't like loud noises for no reason (that's that these bikes are when crusing down the poor Samui roads, be honest) suffers from blinkered thinking? It seems to me the blinkered thinking is "I have a loud bike and if I want to cruise around and disturb everyone they must respect my freedom! Yeah!"

A basic rule of thumb is "one person's rights end where someone else's begin". I would guess that you don't agree with that.

Edited by koheesti