Transit Visa For Europe (Info Required)

bwalker1973

I am abit stuck here, because the embassies have stop listing details about transit visa's through schengen states.

Before going to the UK we were after stopping of in Paris for a day or two, then take the train to london a few days later. My wife has visa for the UK.

Do I need a visa to enter europe. I found this on a wiki, but any advice would be grateful.

As of 5 April 2010, common visa requirements for the airport transit were introduced by the European Union. From that date on, citizens of the following countries have needed transit visas unless they:

• hold a Schengen visa, a national long-stay visa or a residence permit issued by an EU member state,
  • hold certain residence permits issued by Andorra, Canada, Japan, San Marino or the United States guaranteeing the holder's unconditional readmission to that country,
  • hold a valid visa for an EU member state or for a member of the European Economic Area Agreement, Canada, Japan or the United States of America, or when they return from those countries after having used the visa,
  • are family members of an EU citizen,
  • hold a diplomatic passport, or
  • are flight crew members whose state of nationality is a party to the Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation.

You will not be in transit but visiting a Schengen state. So yes, you'll need a Schengen visa.

Usually a transit visa allows for overnight stays for a night or two depending on the country. So not really a valid answer.

Not for Schengen, so a valid answer. You may not like the answer, but that is something different.