Ubc Cable Install..?

Looking on the site it's bt6,9999 and you get you a free Sharp TV .. woo hoo

http://www.ubctv.com/promotion/eng/promotion.aspx

totster  :D

Yes, they often have special offers, change regularly, I think last month you could install it for 2,000 baht or so. I've also seen offers recently at Tesco-Lotus (I think) where if you are buying certain TVs (29 inch ones, 10-20K price range - not overpriced) then you can get UBC installed for free.

Not much use if you really don't want a TV of course. :o

It cost us 8000 to get a dish + box installed by UBC in Bangkok about a year ago so the price doesn't look too outrageous by UBC standards... Apparently that is refundable when they collect the dish + box if we end the subscription. They obviously do collect as well - our apartment had the pole installed for the satellite dish but the dish had been taken away when the previous occupants left.

One thing we found was that the installation included 10m of cable. As it was more than 10m from the satellite dish to the box, they charged us for the extra cable. I can't remember how much it was but I know it was waaay more than the cost of the cable! I don't expect to get that refunded at the end either... :o

yes I was lucky to move in my new place in BKK by end of May, so I was able to apply for the promotional rate for as low as 2000 Baht. This offer ended by 31st of May, found it when I checked UBC's website, called them on 31st of May and that was fine to them :o

checking the offers at Tesco, Big C or Carrefour is certainly a good idea.... I bought my new TV at BIG C Bangna, and the staff was helpful and some spoke an ok-English..... they had offers including the UBC-installation as well (but at that time I already signed for the Promo-Deal)

As mentioned, there are occasionally some good deals with the 1st connection with UBC. We took advantage of the recent Bht 2,000 installation offer, which was a vast improvement on the normal Bht 9,000 price.

It is however a complete rip-off if you want a second installation point (with additional decoder box), they charge you about Bht 7,500 for 'installation' even though the dish is already there and calibrated. All they have to do is place the box on the shelf and trail some cable to the 1st connection. Not rocket science, and it should certainly be a lot cheaper than the normal price for the 1st installation. :o

Has anyone ever seen UBC offer a promotion for the second connection point?

Rags

Edited by Rags

Hi..

I want to install UBC cable (Gold Package) in an apt in BKK...

I understand they want a standard 9,000bB "Installation Fee"...  $US225.

Seems VERY high to me.

Any thoughts..?

ChrisP

Either 4 or 5k is the refundable deposit on the dish and decoder box, they usually show this amount on a seperate receipt,deposit is repaid 90 days after they get them back.