Film Extras

neilf

i am not suggesting anyone works as a film extra and should not but i saw an ad today looking for film extras ------------men ages 17--------40 to act as marines

no pay details but phone number is [removed]. i am 56 but am going to lie about age.

Edited by eek
telephone number removed as per forum rules

Fifty six huh? Funny you look much younger than that, must be the shorts :)

yes without a doubt you are as young as your shorts-----------look good, taste good and by golly do you good.

There is NO way anyone is going to mistake me for a marine, no matter how much makeup they make me wear :)

what if they want you to play a mangled corpse would that work ok

I'd have to be an officer- too old and fat to be a grunt, even a mangled one.

Is a Work Permit included? (Just wanted to be the first to say that before the usual crowd bring it up.) :)

yes you get 2 days work and a 1 year 40000 baht work permit i dont think ------------unless its that spencer tracy film ' its a mad mad mad mad mad world '

My mate has done a lot of this kind of work. He has told me the details. He is Spanish. His English is ok but he feels self-conscious about too much teaching work.

The pay is 1000 Baht a day, sometimes 1500 Baht. You almost always have to be there early, sometimes 6am, sometimes 7:30. There's a lot of sitting around. Sometimes you're done by 11am, sometimes you're there all day. Sometimes you have to do things you might not like like dressing up as a woman, or acting out the most puerile Thai stereotypes of the farang. Indeed, once he did a job that sounds very similar to the job advertised. They were out on the boat all day acting as sailors. He enjoyed it. He's a very positive guy. He did say that some water and shade would have been nice and he was very tired by the end, pulling ropes and, believe it or not, singing all day.

for a 1000 a day i think i will stay home ,still did you say they wanted marine life? :)

your joking 1000 a day---------------i'll do anything-------------thats 2 days beer money in one !!

for a 1000 a day i think i will stay home ,still did you say they wanted marine life? :)

your joking 1000 a day---------------i'll do anything-------------thats 2 days beer money in one !!

we are waiting now for the obvious...where can you drink so cheap...? tongue.gif

I would imagine the only problem the director will have is persuading the extras to ditch their beer chang vests & flip flops in exchange for military attire - although they could offer beer as payment :)

In that case, would one require a work permit?

If I am not wrong they offer actually 2000 a Day, that would put you in a coma for a week. :D

we are waiting now for the obvious...where can you drink so cheap...? tongue.gif

lovejoys in jontiem all beers are 40 bhat so 12 and 20 baht for b/bbus --------------6 pints just about does me at my age

• 3 weeks later...

If Shakira and/or Angelina are in it,I'm game.... :P :P :P :P

no its dianna dors and googie withers--------------who was known as sex on legs-------------it was the pout i think