Iranian Nabbed At Suvarnabhumi Airport For Smuggling 4.6-Kg Of 'Ice' Worth US$ 545,000

webfact

Iranian nabbed at Suvarnabhumi Airport for smuggling 4.6-kg of 'ice', worth Bt18 million

gallery_327_1086_7080.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Customs officers at Thailand's main airport on Monday arrested an Iranian man for smuggling 4.6 kg of crystal methamphetamine, commonly known as "ice", with an estimated street value of Bt18 million (US$545,000), while he was arriving at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

Thirty-year-old Karim Reza Goodarzi was arrested after an x-ray scanner at the arriving terminal of the airport detected suspected materials hidden in a specially-made compartment of his suitcase.

Mr Karim travelled from Dubai in the United Arab Emirates and planned to distribute the ice to his network in Bangkok.

The suspect is a member of a transnational drug network and has been on Thailand's blacklist. He was later sent to the police department Narcotics Suprression Bureau for further investigation and legal prosecution for possessing and smuggling illicit drugs into the kingdom. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-06-14

Thailand should just ban all Iranians from entering the kingdom.

Thailand is much to immoral for their strict Islamic lifestyle. Anyone seen the bar on Walking Street with the sign on the wall that bans any arabs from sitting down? Says something like, "We don't want you drinking and looking at women. We respect your Islamic Views"

Thailand is much to immoral for their strict Islamic lifestyle. Anyone seen the bar on Walking Street with the sign on the wall that bans any arabs from sitting down? Says something like, "We don't want you drinking and looking at women. We respect your Islamic Views"

And anyone else, presumably, with a religious or moral point of view. Iranians aren't Arabs, by the way.

Seems to be a lot of Iranians doing this recently - wonder why?

Well - axis of evil, or something?

:D

Could it be that life in the Bangkok Hilton is better than in Iran? :)

And anyone else, presumably, with a religious or moral point of view. Iranians aren't Arabs, by the way.

Whilst you are correct it is a little nitpicking and doesn't change the fact of the sign. Signs like that used to be common in south Pattaya back when there was such a thing as a high season.

Maybe they should tattoo "Drug runner" on his forehead and send him back to Teheran.

Not surprising, B18M for some poor desperate in Iran, what a catch if can get it through. However these guys usually consider themselves super cool and are way over-confident. Usually easy to spot for good security personnel. A lot of overly smug Iranians doing this kind of business lately.

Guess they haven't got anything else worth trading except ancient Babylonian art works and they aren't exceptionally common!

Still, what an idiot-go rot, you're going to Love the Bangkok Hilton! shock1.gif

What a stupid statement. Iranians at large are far less Islamic in extremist ways including their ability to dress as Westerners (no metal masks, no veils or black ghosts) and able to mix openly in most company. They are extremely polite people and I have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of them here in Thailand. Yes they drink (against the 'rules') they party and they have a good time. They also were the first traders that gave ignorance a blow in countries they visited and were a larger empire than the Romans rivalling the Mongols under Ghengis Khan. But I guess you would not know that from your own country and obvious lack of education.

I am Farang, not an Iranian and am absolutely totally against all religions and the propagators who spew their controlling garbage and none more so than the Taliban but in any society (even in Thailand) there are extremists - as well as in this forum where we read BS sprouting from the uneducated bigoted few like yourself. Get a life. annoyed.gif

Nice to see there is at more than one other intelligent person on the forum! Well said and the Iranians have no time for the Arabs - almost a hate syndrome - and the other comment above saying Babylonian Art works - duh - from Iraq (Babylon) - you missed by a few thousand kilometres... and the from Teheran (try Tehran). LOL. Love the way this forum brings out the mental giants with opinions. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

What a stupid statement. Iranians at large are far less Islamic in extremist ways including their ability to dress as Westerners (no metal masks, no veils or black ghosts) and able to mix openly in most company. They are extremely polite people and I have had the pleasure of working with hundreds of them here in Thailand. Yes they drink (against the 'rules') they party and they have a good time. They also were the first traders that gave ignorance a blow in countries they visited and were a larger empire than the Romans rivalling the Mongols under Ghengis Khan. But I guess you would not know that from your own country and obvious lack of education.

I am Farang, not an Iranian and am absolutely totally against all religions and the propagators who spew their controlling garbage and none more so than the Taliban but in any society (even in Thailand) there are extremists - as well as in this forum where we read BS sprouting from the uneducated bigoted few like yourself. Get a life. annoyed.gif

clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Hear Hear. Too much bigotry in this thread.

"suspect is a member of a transnational drug network and has been on Thailand's blacklist"

don't they use clean book mules anymore, to carry the stuff?

surely, he was profiled even before boarding the plane.

Seems to be a lot of Iranians doing this recently - wonder why?

Perhaps it's a part of the bonding their president was just talking about:

Iranian President calls for stronger Iran-Thailand relations

Islamic Republic News Agency (IRNA)

June 13, 2010

Tehran – President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad here Sunday urged stronger Iran-Thailand ties, saying that certain countries are unhappy and worried about close relations among states.

"The ill-wishing and bullying powers do not favor security and dignity of nations and countries and therefore they are trying to impede nations’ progress," President Ahmadinejad told Thai Ambassador to Tehran Pichai Israbhakdi.

The President said there are extensive grounds for stronger cooperation between Iran and Thailand at bilateral and international levels which should be used by the two sides.

He said Iran and Thailand can further expand cooperation and relations in line with their nations’ interests and in favor of global peace, security and fraternity.

Israbhakdi, submitting his credentials to the president, said for his part that positive historical background of bilateral ties has proved a suitable opportunity for broader relations in many fields.

He said western media give improper and distorted image of conditions in Thailand, attributing violence in Bangkok to its government. "These are not true," he added.

http://www.irna.ir/En/View/FullStory/?NewsId=1175499&IdLanguage=3

Well spoken blink.gif

When they catch 1 mule, 5 others getting true customs.....

All the eyes are turned to an suspicious Iranian, while on thesame plane a blond Scandinavian beachbabe goes true.....

Those things are arranged!

Bad business plan: lost mule with 4.6 kg (rather a lot), beachbabe paid for excess baggage to make up for the loss? Naaah, the customs boys would have been happy campers even with an 1 kg mule.

Nice to see there is at more than one other intelligent person on the forum! Well said and the Iranians have no time for the Arabs - almost a hate syndrome - and the other comment above saying Babylonian Art works - duh - from Iraq (Babylon) - you missed by a few thousand kilometres... and the from Teheran (try Tehran). LOL. Love the way this forum brings out the mental giants with opinions. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Teheran is the correct spelling:- The spelling of Teheran is going more and more in direction of "Tehran". The name comes from Old Persian "teh ran", meaning warm place. Warm place it certainly is. Try doing a Google search for Teheran. It's also listed as Teheran in World Atlas'.

Was there in 1960 when the Shah was in power.

Edited by Anon999

Not surprising, B18M for some poor desperate in Iran, what a catch if can get it through. However these guys usually consider themselves super cool and are way over-confident. Usually easy to spot for good security personnel. A lot of overly smug Iranians doing this kind of business lately.

Guess they haven't got anything else worth trading except ancient Babylonian art works and they aren't exceptionally common!

Still, what an idiot-go rot, you're going to Love the Bangkok Hilton! shock1.gif

not quite. the overly confident guys are the ones that are getting through.

Good reply. :)

Some westerners think they are better than anybody else, but they don't know nothing about history and have no respect.

There are centuries old relations and bounds between Persia/Iran and the Kingdom of Siam dating back to the times of Ayutthaya.

Encyclopædia Iranica | Articles

With them the Persian /middle eastern word for the Europeans, the 'Franks' came the word 'Farang' for westerners as loan word to the Thai language.

and not from "French" that is a common misbelief. but 'French' or 'France' has the same roots, coming from the Franks or Frankish people. They were the crusaders in the 11th, 12th century. their name stacks over centuries for all Europeans in the middle eastern world. so that centuries later the Portuguese traders still get called something like 'Franks' in the middle east and Persia and later 'Farangs' in Thailand or 'Barangs' in Cambodia.

Good reply. :)

Some westerners think they are better than anybody else, but they don't know nothing about history and have no respect.

There are centuries old relations and bounds between Persia/Iran and the Kingdom of Siam dating back to the times of Ayutthaya.

Encyclopædia Iranica | Articles

With them the Persian /middle eastern word for the Europeans, the 'Franks' came the word 'Farang' for westerners as loan word to the Thai language.

and not from "French" that is a common misbelief. but 'French' or 'France' has the same roots, coming from the Franks or Frankish people. They were the crusaders in the 11th, 12th century. their name stacks over centuries for all Europeans in the middle eastern world. so that centuries later the Portuguese traders still get called something like 'Franks' in the middle east and Persia and later 'Farangs' in Thailand or 'Barangs' in Cambodia.

This is not correct. They were much earlier. And they did not reach anywhere near Persia.

I used to be somewhat shocked when I read a story about the amount of drugs coming thru an airport or a big shipment bust at a marina etc. It seams every nationality, race, gender, religious affiliation and even wildlife have been used to smuggle "illegal drugs" into just about every country in the world. I often wonder just how many individual who's path I cross during a normal day albeit a cashier, food vendor or even police officer is under the influence of some type of drug. I assume it's more than I really care to know. With that said I'm sure we will read on a recurring basis someone who is either "in the game" or a poor sap desperate for money who will risk jail or even death to keep the supply flowing. For me however, it's the newer (to me) more addictive concoctions that is destroying peoples lives at a younger and younger age that pisses me off . I feel no remorse for Iranian or any other caught doing the same.