Warning About Fujitsu

Elliot

The AC electrical connection on my Fujitsu laptop computer went bad so I called their repair centre to arrange a replacement. It took them six weeks to get the part, rsulting in my having to hold the connection with one hand while I typed with the other for several weeks. When I took the laptop in to the service center, it was Friday, two days before Songkhran. I clearly and emphatically told the technician that if he couldn’t have the computer back to me in two days, not to do anything as I couldn't be without it for the additional four days of the holiday. He promised it would be done Sunday morning. I called him Saturday morning and he again promised it would be done Sunday before noon. When I called again Sunday morning to arrange pickup, he told me he had broken something and the computer now didn't work at all, and needed to be sent to Bangkok. I told him just to put it back to how it was when I brought it in and he again said he had broken something and now couldn't turn the computer on. Two weeks later I got the computer back, having possibly lost maybe 200,000 baht in income, enough to buy the two new computers we had planned to in early autumn. And on top of that they charged me 2,000 baht for the service. To make this perfect, two weeks after I got the computer back, the exact same thing is wrong with it, that I brought it in for originally - the AC electrical connection in bad and doesn’t provide power to the battery. Of course I complained to Fujitsu Thailand and their answer? Bring it in and we'll fix it again - no problem! Are you kidding? Fujitsu cost me a fortune and for absolutely nothing. Now they expect me to bring it in again and risk the same abuse. As far as I am concerned they owe me 200,000 baht or at least the two new computers I was planning to buy with the money. My only option now is to bring legal action against Fujitsu and to publicize this as much as possible through the press and the internet, which should get this mess noticed by millions of computer users worldwide.

I would say normal for Thailand, but not only Thailand (same experience in Europe).

Maybe better to bring the computer to the next computer repair guy and give him 500 Baht.

I had a simillar problem (cable/connector) from the power supply. I opend the power supply (and broke the plastic) and soldered two wires to my siemens junk laptop.

I looks ugly but works perfect since 2 years.

Next time you are on the way to loose 200 K because of a broken power, come over to me. For 100.003 Baht I fix it for you (the 3 Baht are material costs). so we have both a profit.....

by the way for a computer repair I recommend to burn everything important on CD-R/DVD-R and wipe it from the computer.

I am not happy with some guys are looking my business infos.

The AC electrical connection on my Fujitsu laptop computer went bad so I called their repair centre to arrange a replacement. It took them six weeks to get the part, rsulting in my having to hold the connection with one hand while I typed with the other for several weeks. When I took the laptop in to the service center, it was Friday, two days before Songkhran. I clearly and emphatically told the technician that if he couldn’t have the computer back to me in two days, not to do anything as I couldn't be without it for the additional four days of the holiday. He promised it would be done Sunday morning. I called him Saturday morning and he again promised it would be done Sunday before noon. When I called again Sunday morning to arrange pickup, he told me he had broken something and the computer now didn't work at all, and needed to be sent to Bangkok. I told him just to put it back to how it was when I brought it in and he again said he had broken something and now couldn't turn the computer on. Two weeks later I got the computer back, having possibly lost maybe 200,000 baht in income, enough to buy the two new computers we had planned to in early autumn. And on top of that they charged me 2,000 baht for the service. To make this perfect, two weeks after I got the computer back, the exact same thing is wrong with it, that I brought it in for originally - the AC electrical connection in bad and doesn’t provide power to the battery. Of course I complained to Fujitsu Thailand and their answer? Bring it in and we'll fix it again - no problem! Are you kidding? Fujitsu cost me a fortune and for absolutely nothing. Now they expect me to bring it in again and risk the same abuse. As far as I am concerned they owe me 200,000 baht or at least the two new computers I was planning to buy with the money. My only option now is to bring legal action against Fujitsu and to publicize this as much as possible through the press and the internet, which should get this mess noticed by millions of computer users worldwide.

This can happen with any company, not just Fujitsu. Anybody who makes 200,000 in a short space of time, should not be relying on one laptop to do everything - you should of had back-up machines.

for such cases I offer my 300 Mhz Celeron, just 5 years old, for 100.000. incl. free delivery within Thailand. you can call me day and night :o

(extras: installed Win2000 (very important, because CD drive and Disk drive is broken, so and installed system has high value. Extra for 4000 Baht one noname analog modem (because the internal one is broken). Outstanding 256 MB Ram (original was 64). Extra stress free working speed. If you think the modern world is so fast, you can not follow up.... Take this laptop .... you can follow up with its working speed....

:D:D:D:D

This can happen with any company, not just Fujitsu. Anybody who makes 200,000 in a short space of time, should not be relying on one laptop to do everything - you should of had back-up machines.

I fully agree with your piont as Elliot say: Now they expect me to bring it in again and risk the same abuse. As far as I am concerned they owe me 200,000 baht or at least the two new computers :o

Elliot man i feel for you. All you need to do is call a few newspapers and tell them something big is going down right in front of the Fujitsu service center. then, on the appointed time show up with your laptop and a sledge hammer. remember, read your grievances out loud and prepare an english and thai transcript to be distributed to media. then smash away.

I agree with all the posts saying that this can happen with any manufacturer, not just Fujitsu.

It's not clear what was broken (PSU or PC), if it's the PSU just go and buy a new one 20-30k max.

If the PC is damaged, get it fixed but not muck about for weeks and then take it to the menders just at the start of a major holiday, big mistake...

OK, I feel better now, just a bit miffed that it takes me about a month to earn 200,000 and that's when I'm not 'resting' between contracts.

what the ###### are you guys doing?

one earns 200K per 2 weeks, the other is pissed off because he need 1 month for 200 K.

Or better, please tell me, how I can get 200K per month, what I am doing wrong??

Do you sell guns or drugs? Or women? :o

h90

(a very poor TV member)

(200 K are approx. 4000 bottle Singha/month)

I agree with all the posts saying that this can happen with any manufacturer, not just Fujitsu.

It's not clear what was broken (PSU or PC), if it's the PSU just go and buy a new one 20-30k max.

If the PC is damaged, get it fixed but not muck about for weeks and then take it to the menders just at the start of a major holiday, big mistake...

OK, I feel better now, just a bit miffed that it takes me about a month to earn 200,000 and that's when I'm not 'resting' between contracts.

Elliot - I would suggest you write a short, polite letter to the President of Fujitsu in Japan, describing your dealings with their BKK operations, your financial loss and the "loss of face" you suffered with your customers, as a result of their BKK facilities failure to honor their service committment, despite several re-confirmations.

If you have any paperwork covering the repair, enclose a photocopy and reference it in your communication.

Fijitsu's World Headquarters address is:

Hiroaki Kurokawa, President

Fujitsu Limited

Shiodome City Center

1-5-2 Higashi-Shimbashi

Minato-ku, Tokyo 105-7123, Japan

A couple of years ago I had multi-failures with many Samsung computer products. Discovered Samsung had no factory repair facilities in USA. Sent email of complaint to the President-CEO of Samsung detailing my disappointment with their support and the loss of face he and all of Samsung were gaining from poor quality and poor support management.

Within hours I received over a dozen emails and 8 telephone calls, 3 direct from Korea, including one from the President and every executive down to and including the President of US Operations and his VP of Service & Support. All my problems were resolved within 24 hours, at no charge and with a formal invitation to visit their Headquarters in Korea, as the personal guest of the President.

As the old saying goes, "when you file a complaint, start at the top, not the bottom".

Good luck.

(PS - If you go the Lady Godiva route, as some have suggested, make sure the horse is very docile and you take a broom and shovel with you to gather up the "horse apples". You wouldn't want to be arrested for........."littering". :o )

About 4 years ago I bought a Fujitsu Siemens laptop from a company called Global Solutuions in Panthip Plaza with a 3 year international warranty. It lasted a couple of years before I had problems with it so I took it back to Global and they fixed it in a couple of days as they did right up to replacing the screen 3 weeks before the warranty expired.

3 months later I had to scrap it as the warranty had expired an unfortunately the laptop was flooded during a heavy storm which came in through a door which I forgot to shut (stupid boy). It was a good laptop as well but for around 50,000 you can buy a good laptop nowadays.