Boi Approval

Hello,

I run a small IT company in Chiang Mai and want to get BOI approval. From any of you who have already been through this and would like to share your experiences:

• Are there any fees to apply for BOI approval?
  • How much would you expect to pay a consultant to handle the application process?
  • What are the main painful parts of applying?
  • Any general advice or warnings?

Thank you so much for any replies.

My US employer applied for and obtained BOI for his software office in Pattaya. It took his company lawyer about 9 months of work to successfully obtain BOI, together with various amount paid to local charities etc, and employment of about 30 Thai staff. So not an easy task

Simon

My US employer applied for and obtained BOI for his software office in Pattaya. It took his company lawyer about 9 months of work to successfully obtain BOI, together with various amount paid to local charities etc, and employment of about 30 Thai staff. So not an easy task

Simon

it is indeed a bit of a task and the last company we served bringing their machinery in paid more in lawyer fees than the savings on import duties. Ok, there are more benefits, tax exemption, easier work permit applications etc, but calculate the benefits well against the costs.

As for a consultant I can recommend someone in Bangkok, not sure if this helps you in Chiang Mai.

I have a BOI approved company in Chiang Mai. There are no fees to apply. Minimum investment it's 1,000.000 baht. The application its very easy, no need for a consultant unless you have a very complicated situation, your secretary can probably handle it. The BOI office in Chiang Mai can also help you and advise you about the whole process, they are very helpful. I didn't see any painful aspect to the application process other than it will take longer than what they say (particularly if handled by the Chiang Mai BOI office since as you probably know by now, everything takes longer in Chiang Mai or in the north for that matter). The whole process took me about 2 months.

Edited by carlosacao

I have a BOI approved company in Chiang Mai. There are no fees to apply. Minimum investment it's 1,000.000 baht. The application its very easy, no need for a consultant unless you have a very complicated situation, your secretary can probably handle it. The BOI office in Chiang Mai can also help you and advise you about the whole process, they are very helpful. I didn't see any painful aspect to the application process other than it will take longer than what they say (particularly if handled by the Chiang Mai BOI office since as you probably know by now, everything takes longer in Chiang Mai or in the north for that matter). The whole process took me about 2 months.

Awesome info, thank you very much!