Best Intro

The best intro would have to be Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix.....

Some of the best riffs are The ocean, black dog and whole lotta love by Zep...

The Stones and Keith RIFFHARD has too numerous to mention, but Honky Tonk Woman is a pretty amazing number with a memorable intro. Actually lifted that from Ry Cooder, He asked Ry to play in the studio and he went out for a cigarette or maybe a fix :o but left the tape machines on to record....6 months later it was on their album. Ry Cooder taught Richards how to use the Open G tuning which has become a staple of Richards sound and is used in 80% of Stones songs from the seventies until now...

Other good intros:

1. Purple Haze

2. Smoke on the water

3. Life in the fast lane

4. Hells Bells

5. Paradise City

6. Nothing else matters...

Besides the ones already mentioned "Bat out of ######" by Meatloaf has a pretty good intro.

Recently saw the movie about how they made the first album. Unbelievable that somebody so big/fat can have so much energy.

the first songs to spring to mind when reading the topic title have already been mentioned,

sweet child by g`n`r

little wing by jimi

stairway

smoke on the water

so you bastards made me use my brain (which troubles me at the best of times)

wish you were here by pink floyd

actually most any pink floyd but then I am a fan

Lamento Boliviano by Maria Operador

Brothers in Arms Dire Straits

Money for nothing Dire Straits

but what about

Nothing Else matters by Metallica

wow....again some great bands mentioned here.....cant believe it

Stiff Little Fingers......yes a great intro ! the RUTS as well !!! Oldies but goldies !!

Stranglers.....my beloved ones......

Cult

h.e.l.l.s bells - AC DC , yes their music is not 100% my cup of tea, but the Intro is unique, no doubt....maybe that one is the number 1 for an INTRO of all times really.....

.....yes I guess I really have to open up that bar playing all that music....I see the number of regular custumers growing day by day :o

Here's a few.

Achilles last stand - Led Zep ( Page the master of overdubs , never bettered)

Running with the Devil - Van Halen

Highway Star - Deep Purple

Voodoo Chile ( Slight Return) - James Marshall Hendrix

Honky Tonk Woman - Stones

Enter Sandman - Metallica

Had to Cry Today - Blind Faith

Layla - Derek and the Dominoes

Oh Well - Fleetwood Mac

Almost cut my hair - Crosby Stills Nash and Young

Red Barchetta - Rush

:o

For a distinctive rock intro, Layla by Derek & the Dominoes was the first that came to mind, closely followed by Sweet Child of Mine by Guns & Roses. However, both of these have already been mentioned, so now thinking of an original response :o

Rags

Phill Collins did an awsome introduction on the drums, to a song which i cant remember i dont have his album, but it took the normal version and made it some 2-3 minuites longer, any one help? (might have been "easy lover")

Edited by soi lurker

Phill Collins did an awsome introduction on the drums, to a song which i cant remember i dont have his album, but it took the normal version and made it some 2-3 minuites longer, any one help? (might have been "easy lover")

In the Air Tonight...? This might not be the one you are after, but it does have a h3ll of a long intro :o Maybe Sussudeo (sp?)...?

Rags

Edited by Rags

For a distinctive rock intro, Layla by Derek & the Dominoes was the first that came to mind, closely followed by Sweet Child of Mine by Guns & Roses.

My favourites too!

:o

I'm still trying to find a ringtone download of Sweet Child of Mine... the Nokia standard offerings are soooo boring!

the memorable hammond organ intro by The Band's organist for the song that I can't recall the name of. If you guys think a bit you will know which one I mean.

Also the infectious intro for Gimme Some Lovin' by Spencer Davis Group...also featuring hammond organ played by Steve Winwood.

'Little Wing' (Hendrix of course, although Stevie RV does a decent interpretation)

'Gloria' by U2

'Message in a Bottle' by the Police

'Just Like Heaven' (cover of the Cure's song by Dinosaur JR)

'Hello Blue Eyes' (Goodbye) by the Black Crowes

'Cherub Rock' and 'I am One' by the Smashing Pumpkins (not to forget

'Mayonnaise' - pure beauty)

'Start Choppin' by Dinosaur JR

'U-Mass' by the Pixies

'100 Mile High City' by Ocean Colour Scene

Pretty much every single song by Black Sabbath

'Rebel Rebel' and 'The Man Who Sold the World' by David Bowie