Tv Blackout Midnight To ?

pattaya-al

I am speechless. First rationing the times during the day you can buy alcohol and now the times you can watch TV. It is annoying to be at the grocery store in the afternoon and have alcohol in your cart that you are then barred from buying because you forgot to time your trip in one of the two small windows you can buy during the day. The tv shutoff is going to be even a bigger PIA to deal with. Maybe getting replay TV would be an idea so you can watch recorded stuff.

For energy conservation, my condo posted ways they want residents to save energy. All of them force people to give up part of their quality of life which doesn't have to be that way. I figure instead of turning off AC during lunch hour, why not head for a massage after lunch instead. Relaxing and saves over 2 hours electricity during the hottest part of the day. More energy effective than their guidelines and I like it.

I really don't know what to think about the govt being so forceful about running people's lives under the guise of whatever challenge they are facing at the time. Throw in internet censorship, blasting govt messages over loud speakers, and mandatory closing times in there too. I mean think about it, at night now you can't buy alcohol, you can't watch tv, and you can't go anywhere to hang out. What are they heading towards, wanting you to just huddle in darkness for a few hours. A very tolerant country indeed.

It's a recommendation by the National Energy Policy Office. They issued it yesterday but it still needs Cabinet approval. Nothing will happen for a while yet, if ever.

With one of the big bosses of TV Channel 3 already holding ministerial rank and the influential CP group owning half of UBC, the proposal could be quietly dropped or sent off for further review for an indeterminate period.

But, then, this government really seems to go out of its way to make life miserable for nightshift workers who these days can't get a drink after finishing work and, if these other clods get their way, won't even be able to catch a bit of telly. Work, sleep, eat, work some more and then die seems to be their interpretation of life.

Front page headline Bangkok Post today states this has already been passed yesterday and suppose to take effect immediatly and remain in effrect until august at wich time they will reveiw the results. This includes all cable channels.

BS - I just watched the Simpsons - 5:00 am to 5:30 am. And now "Friends" is on - 6:00 to 6:30.

I only watch telly after midnight about a couple of times a year, when there is a good football game on. Try telling the millions of Thai English fooball fans that they can't watch the game, nonsense!

Most people from round about where I live got to bed WELL before midnight. The quality of program on after 12 is very poor anyway.

- true, but I like to have the TV on while reading TV on the internet. :o

no TV after midnight???.....what a really daft idea...next it will be no going outdoors after midnite....

anyhow my main concern would be the football!!...how on earth would they stop the thais and farangs from watching the premership which usually is well after midnight live....especially when chang beer has just extended their sponsorship with everton.....

its one of the many things i was looking forward to when i move to thailand...a few beers in a beer garden watching my beloved liverpool....at 2am! ...

plse dont ban beer next ! because its un-thai! :o