Little Law-breaking Uncovered At Full Moon Party

george

Little law-breaking uncovered at Full Moon party

SURAT THANI: -- The infamous Full Moon parties on Thailand's southern Koh Pha-ngan contain little more than the smoking of marijuana, Justice Minister Suwat Liptapanlop has revealed.

The justice minister, who recently attended a Full Moon party on the island's Hat Rin Beach, admitted that tourists were discovered smoking the drug at the party, but said that this was because they may be 'unaware of Thai legislation'.

His comments come amid a storm of controversy over the parties, which some politicians have accused of being rife with sex and drugs.

Mr. Suwat said that officials would be increasingly strict in cracking down on drugs at the parties, and would carry out more thorough investigations.

He also revealed that community anti-drugs networks would be established on the nearby Koh Samui in Surat Thani Province, and that the system would be extended to the nation's other resort islands.

Despite allegations that the Full Moon parties violate Thai cultural mores, the Koh Pha-ngan tourism industry is anxious to maintain the parties, which bring in welcome tourist revenue.

According to Mr. Chanchoti Phiriyasathit, president of the Koh Pha-ngan Tourism Promotion Association, the rumours of the parties being rife with sex and drugs are untrue.

Telling reporters yesterday that most countries did not regard smoking marijuana as an offence, he said that signposts had been placed on the island warning tourists that they faced legal action if they smoked the drug.

--TNA 2005-06-23

Little law-breaking uncovered at Full Moon party 

Telling reporters yesterday that most countries did not regard smoking marijuana as an offence, he said that signposts had been placed on the island warning tourists that they faced legal action if they smoked the drug.

--TNA 2005-06-23

and Thailand is one of them ? :o

He said that signposts had been placed on the island warning tourists that they faced legal action if they smoked the drug. He elaborated further saying that if they consumed the drug in the form of baked "brownies", that would be acceptable.

:D

For Real?

I`ll take ten Kilo`s :o

He said that signposts had been placed on the island warning tourists that they faced legal action if they smoked the drug. He elaborated further saying that if they consumed the drug in the form of baked "brownies", that would be acceptable.

For Real?

10 kilo's of brownies - you'll get fat.

Stick to the Happy Herb Pizza Restaurant in Phnom Penh...

For Real?

Good point. :D

Hmmm.... pizza...

Hmmm... Herbal...

ex amsterdam coffeshop emplyee

I wonder where that turkey was standing and what time he went to bed?

Not from what i saw

7.30 8.00 In the morn their was plenty sex on the beach!!!

And worse in the pool of my hotel, at 9am much to other guests disgust.

English slapper guest with some guy she had hooked at the party.

The most annoying thing was the staff did nothing.

Still who would bother with Phangan if they didnt have the full moon ,its a dump,the hotels are overpriced and the attitude over there is ambivalent to tourists at best.

Oh, so they've stopped having "free sex" in public? Pity...  :o

I wonder where that turkey was standing and what time he went to bed?

Not from what i saw

7.30 8.00 In the morn their was plenty sex on the beach!!!

And worse in the pool of my hotel, at 9am much to other guests disgust.

English slapper guest with some guy she had hooked at the party.

The most annoying thing was the staff did nothing.

Still who would bother with Phangan if they didnt have the full moon ,its a dump,the hotels are overpriced and the attitude over there is ambivalent to tourists at best.

Oh, so they've stopped having "free sex" in public? Pity...  :D

And you didn't type these events for evidence? For shame! :o

For Real?

Good point. :D

Hmmm.... pizza...

Hmmm... Herbal...

ex amsterdam coffeshop emplyee

i thought i recognized you on the foto .... :D