Bargains Galore For Off-peak Thailand Travellers

george

Bargains galore for off-peak travellers to Thailand

BANGKOK: -- Thailand’s government has launched a major campaign to attract more tourists to the country's southern coastal resorts during the low season.

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports, domestic airlines and the service sector are offering cheap travel packages from 1 July to resorts along the Andaman Sea.

These cheap packages include discounted domestic airfares, low rates at more than 300 hotels and restaurants in the four southern provinces of Phuket, Krabi, Trang and Pang-nga, badly hit by December’s tsunami.

The offers, some of which include airfares as low as 4,000 baht, are for two days and cover one night’s accommodation. They will be valid from 1 July until 3 October, the Tourism and Sports Minister, Somsak Thepsutin told TNA.

The campaign is expected to attract 250,000 domestic tourists during the monsoon season, the tourism industry’s off-peak period.

The campaign is also expected to attract 750,000 visitors from overseas, according to the President of Thai Airways International, Kanok Apiradee.

Thai Airways is already offering free domestic air travel within Thailand for first-class ticket holders.

--TNA 2005-06-23

Bargains galore for off-peak travellers to Thailand 

The campaign is expected to attract 250,000 domestic tourists during the monsoon season, the tourism industry’s off-peak period.

--TNA 2005-06-23

If they not afraid of ghost, rain, flood and etc..etc.. . Don't see why not, welcome to Phuket. :D

Hi ! Thats good news ..... :D ... I am not afraid of goshts :o .... I love rain :D !! And and ...I was planning a trip in August to Phuket! So How can I get more info on these offers and how could I buy one ?