American Arrested On Child Sex Charges In Chiang Mai

webfact

American Arrested on Child Sex Charges in Thailand’s North

CHIANG MAI: -- Anti-Human Trafficking Division police have successfully arrested an American national accused of paedophilia on Wednesday. In addition, another transnational human trafficking agent has been apprehended whilst attempting to return to the Kingdom.

Thailand, the 17th of June 2010 [PDN]: An American man has been arrested in Thailand’s Northern Province of Chiang Mai on Wednesday. He was apprehended after reports surfaced that he had been engaging in sexual acts with a 10-year-old girl.

According to provincial tourist police, Mr. Wilbert Willis Holley [72] had been sexually interfering with a 10-year-old female school student at a guesthouse in the province of Chiang Mai.

Mr. Holley was arrested after investigators received a report from the alleged victim that she had been molested several times in a local guesthouse. At present the suspect has denied all charges being levelled against him whilst investigators continue to maintain that they have overwhelming evidence against him.

A search of Mr. Holley’s residence will be conducted later this week in an attempt to uncover further evidence of the suspect’s involvement in paedophilic acts.

Story continues: pattayadailynews.com

PATTAYA DAILY NEWS

-- 2010-06-18

footer_n.gif

American man arrested for paedophilia

gallery_327_1086_4790.jpg

CHIANG MAI (TNA) -- An American man was arrested and alleged to have committed paedophilia, or having engaged in sex, with an underage child in this northern Thai province, according to provincial tourist police.

Police found evidence that the man identified as Wilbert Willis Holley, 72, had sexually abused a ten-year-old female student at a local school in Chiang Mai's provincial seat.

The girl told officials that she had been sexually molested several times by Mr Holley at a local guesthouse.

The suspect however denied the charge but the investigators are confidence that they have strong evidence to take legal action against him.

Police brought Mr Holley to search his residence in order to find whether or not there was further evidence for human trafficking or any other offences. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-06-18

General warning - Please read before you post

We have decided to let this topic stay open for serious and civil discussion.

- NO hang 'em high posts

- NO flames, racist comments or insults

Be aware the person mentioned in this article is innocent until proven guilty by a court of law.

If posters cannot follow these restrictions then the topic will be closed immediately and all members in violation of these restrictions will earn an immediate suspension.

Thank you for your cooperation

If he did do this at 72 yrs of age he must have done this god knows how many times before ... in cases like this they should check with his home country to see if he has done this before and use this evidence in court against him.

How does a (presumably) OLD, WHITE, man get a 10 year old Thai girl into a guesthouse alone? And not once, but multiple times? Isn't anyone at the front desk, or a cleaning person, or another guest, or anyone else at all around who asks what their deal is? I mean, everywhere I go people ask me where I'm from, where I'm going, how long I'm staying, if I'm married, anything and everything about my business.... So how does an old white man with a little Thai girl not set of any alarms?

And where were the child's parents/caretakers? Do they normally just not know where she is for substantial periods of time?

Really strange.

I mean, if the guy nabbed the girl on her way home from school once, then maybe it's a little more likely to have gone un-noticed. But this happened multiple times. You would think someone would notice.

How does a (presumably) OLD, WHITE, man get a 10 year old Thai girl into a guesthouse alone? And not once, but multiple times? Isn't anyone at the front desk, or a cleaning person, or another guest, or anyone else at all around who asks what their deal is? I mean, everywhere I go people ask me where I'm from, where I'm going, how long I'm staying, if I'm married, anything and everything about my business.... So how does an old white man with a little Thai girl not set of any alarms?

And where were the child's parents/caretakers? Do they normally just not know where she is for substantial periods of time?

Really strange.

I mean, if the guy nabbed the girl on her way home from school once, then maybe it's a little more likely to have gone un-noticed. But this happened multiple times. You would think someone would notice.

I see what youre getting at, but maybe he simply befriended the family.

Please be careful about assuming the worst things about male foreigners when you see them with Thai youngsters. Many of us are in legit relationships with Thai adults and are related to the Thai families, including of course actual Dads.

• Like 2

Police brought Mr Holley to search his residence in order to find whether or not there was further evidence for human trafficking or any other offences. (TNA)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-06-18

Presumably they found nothing when they searched his room then. Then again, what would they expect to find? A NAMBLA members card or something?

According to my wife; Thai TV news said the girls mother took her (the girl) to the farang's room. It's a money thing apparently.

Again, this is according to the news on channel 3.

If true, shouldn't Mommy Dearest also be up on charges? I certainly hope so.

Why did the girl wait till after multiple events before complaining? Why not the first time? Thai authorities always seem to have overwhelming evidence. We are either not getting all the facts or something just isn't right about this story.

Really strange.

With the consent $$$$ of her mother.

:) poor kid.

• Like 1

Since we can't really comment on the charge then, who is the falang looking guy in the background with all the badges on his shirt?

He is heavily suffering from Alzheimer and doesn't remember anything...

Someone can give me the definition of "sexually mollested"? From where to where does it go?

Edited by dude007

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-06-18

Presumably they found nothing when they searched his room then. Then again, what would they expect to find? A NAMBLA members card or something?

Drugs, weapons, illegal stuff or the like

Since we can't really comment on the charge then, who is the falang looking guy in the background with all the badges on his shirt?

He is heavily suffering from Alzheimer and doesn't remember anything...

Someone can give me the definition of "sexually mollested"? From where to where does it go?

check here Sexual abuse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

According to my wife; Thai TV news said the girls mother took her (the girl) to the farang's room. It's a money thing apparently.

If true, shouldn't Mommy Dearest also be up on charges? I certainly hope so.

Yes, if CH 3 was accurate, isn't it her who 'would be' the alleged human trafficker?

[if really is the biggest word in the dictionary]

Edited by eggomaniac

It's a sad sign of the times in Chiangmai that mothers are touting their young children round town of a night time, especially round the moat near Thapae Gate. A very sad indictmemt of our times.

Edited by Maejo Man

I think it's Santa Claus working his day job.

Supposted to be a serious discussion... But ,, That is funny!

The $$$ issue is what I was leading to.

Bwahahaa Sabre, nambla..... I can't believe such a thing exists. I mean no, it's not funny. It's just like "You can't be serious" (that's what I think to myself).

Jingthing, you're right. I can't go assuming things, but stereotypes were created from truth.

That sounds more acceptable. New evidence and a totally new development but as usual: the culprits are never Thais. See who burnt the Central World: Savage and an Asian (by which every Thai understands "Cambodian")

Edited by dude007

It's a sad sign of the times in Chiangmai that mothers are touting their young children round town of a night time, especially round the moat near Thapae Gate. A very sad indictmemt of our times.

Oh great, now the army of pervs won't have to waste time looking in all the wrong places ! duh...

There's at least one US NGO that's active in CM in trying to identify foreign child abusers and the like, periodically both they and the governor come under pressure to produce higher visibility results and we've seen evidence of the same in this forum over time. Now, I've no idea if this man is guilty or not but I have seen first hand the workings of said NGO where it related to a friend of mine who was arrested on similar charges five years ago, the "victim" was a "sixteen" year odd hill tribe "boy", the boy in question claimed to be eighteen - lots of quotes there simply because many of the hill tribe don't have ID or even birth records as indeed this "boy" did not. A few of us did however get together to try and help our friend out of a mess and in doing so the "boy" took us to the Thai school his guardian had enrolled him in many years before, the thinking being that the school records would provide a better indication of his true age. And indeed they did, the records confirmed that the boy was indeed eighteen although the school refused us copies of his records without written approval from the guardian and this was with held pending payment that couldn't be met.

In that instance he was found guilty and sentenced to four years in CM prison simply because he was unable to pay off the Prosecutor, it was put to him in the following way, we can write the charge as a one off offence or we can write it to state that it was a daily occurrence, every day for the past two years, the difference will be Baht 200,000. Needless to say our friend did his time and was duly deported.

So, for my part I like to keep a very very open mind on these issues, as emotive as the subject matter might be.