Xbox 360 Kinect Pricing In Asia

quiksilva

Yes very likely i will get one, i saw the pics and it looks totally cool!!!

I will also have to buy a new console, so im hoping to get one of the Xbox360 Slims - might do it at the same time. Bit worried about ordering it from Play-asia.com as i'm very likely to be stung by the customs charges... but will wait and see...

i have only ordered once from these guys, everything was fine with the delivery and service etc, but it did get stopped for customs, and i ended up paying something around 30% (it was a long time ago, i dont remember exactly)

My wife is interested in getting one, but I would need an Xbox as well.

Prices seems reasonable, but the added price of the complete console is another thing. Maybe waiting for the new console with the kinect will be worth it.

Theres no reason not to get an xbox 360 in Bangkok if your worried about the import duty, it will be a modded one (which has its own set of pros/cons) but should be fairly reasonable in price.

I'm half tempted to do a day trip to Singapore, flying over with Air Asia isnt that expensive and would make for a nice day out :)

FYI There has not been any announcement of a console that integrates Kinect. Kinect is an accessory.

The only new 360 console is one that is 14% smaller, glossy black, and has a special port which provides both data and power to the Kinect accessory. V sexy actually.

Xbox-360-250GB-and_1657864c.jpg

Kinect works on all consoles but on older consoles it draws data via USB and will need a power lead.

I use playasia fairly regularly, never had a problem, but usually get stopped for duty. I will be in SG in November so will probably pick up the Kinect then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Have anyone ordered Xbox 360 from play-asia or any other console? I have been trying to find the exact custom/duty what comes for consoles. Anyone has any info?

I have used play-asia a lot years back when still living in Europe, but as living in Thailand I have just small order valued 50usd what came directly to home without custom hassle from play-asia. If I buy console, I don't expect that it will come to my door without custom/duty hassle so I need to know :)

There is Thai custom website http://www.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/indexEng.jsp but cannot even find it there..

Play-Asia is selling Xbox 360 slim elite with 349.90usd (11,400thb), not bad price.. but what to expect pay more for custom/duty?

• 4 months later...

I'm going to wait until I can buy one from my local game shop along with games at better prices :P besides I reckon it will take a while for some decent games to fully utilise the tech.

I have ordered from play Asia a couple of times and have been very impressed with service although I've been stung for import tax every time.

Do we have any idea of the price in MBK shops? Is it already available in Thailand (legit, not gray market)?

[EDIT] : Auto-answer Play In asia showing it at : Price: US$ 169.90 (~5,176 THB)

Edited by JulienBkk

• 3 months later...