Kawa Mechanic In Chiang Mai?

Kf6vci

My GPZ 1000 RX needs extensive brake work and a paint job. How good is the dealership? Can they use micro fiche on bikes which were never imported to Thailand? Not sure if they need those...

All new brake hoses, brake pads and a complete tune up. Where would you bring your bike?

And where do you buy your tires? I checked Metzeler for this bike. Lasertec 120/80 VB 16 are EUR 88 in Germany, the rear needs 150/80 VB 16 There are used ones on eBay...

Let the good times roll!

Chris

Hey Chris,

Brake work and a tune up on your Gpz can be performed by any competent mechanic. Kawasaki Chiang Mail does not have a paint shop. Let us know if they're willing to work on your old bike. I've seen some very old Kawasaki in the service center at Kawasaki in Bangkok so chances are they might be willing to help you in CM.

Lots of recommended CM mechanics on the Golden Triangle Riders site but you have to do a little searching:

Motorcycle Touring & Maps: Thailand : Laos : Golden Triangle

You're going to buy used tires abroad and have them shipped to Thailand?! :)

Good luck!

For a non dealer sold I would value my local kwaker as no better than anywhere else with old stuff (hel_l they forgot to fill the oil on my mates bike when he had a service in there with a new one !!)..

I find Nat at piston shop a good person to talk to.