Any Shop To Recommend Electronic Stuffs In Mae Sai?

CP3

From the clocktower head towards the Super highway, there's a large shop just past the next set of traffic lights on your right. Sells electrical goods.

I believe they have a good time payment scheme.

Edited by sceadugenga

From the clock tower, head towards the super highway. At the first light, make a right. There are several optical shops on either side of the street in the next few blocks. Many styles of glasses frames to choose from. Or, from the clock tower, head in the opposite direction of the super highway. There are numerous optical shops on either side of the street in the next few blocks. Some of these shops are offering two pairs of glasses for the price of one.

Edited by kandahar

OP, have you tried the Home Mart in Mae Sai? I live in CR but have found the Mae Sai Home Mart to be cheaper than the CR Home Mart. We often buy from Mae Sai and the Home Mart there sends our order to CR with one of the various crews that come this way to install other products for customers, Some times, we have to wait a day or two for delivery but the stuff always arrives and we save some good money.

I have not been to the new location since the Home Mart moved from main street in Mae Sai. We do all of our business with them by telephone. Even then, the wife is often able to haggle a better price over the phone.

One other thing to consider. In Thailand, there are "groups' or "clubs" that have better buying power than the ordinary individuals. These are usually made of of the influential members of the community. I always hear them referred to as "members". When we are purchasing anything substantial, the wife always calls on a "member" to buy the item for us. Saves us a lot over what I would have to pay by myself. Check with your family members and acquaintances and see if any of them are familiar or friendly with the "members" in your area. I'm not certain of how the member thing works but I gather it has something to do with people who pool their money to finance some of these shops. In effect, the member is a "silent partner" in the many shops, even if only a few baht is invested with that shop particular shop. We have bought several items "at cost" here in CR through this member thing.

That's ok, you pair will be old and blind one day. :P

Sorry. Had to have a little fun.

Missed you at the Hash yesterday. Nice flat walk and your little dog would have had ample opportunity to enjoy the water along the way. But is was a hot, humid walk. I will spend this day trying to recover.

Edited by kandahar

Home Mart in Mae Sai? I dont think I saw one so far..It will be appreciated if you can send me the ph # of Mae Sai branch

The numbers the wife has are 05 733 098 and 05 733 099. Go towards the new bridge on the way to Chiang San. The store is 100 meters past the Bird Hotel, which is apparently at a big intersection. The name of the store is Weang Phan. They are the HomeMart dealer for your area. They currently stock some air conditioning units but she said they custom order more units than they sell from the store. They can offer better prices if they don't keep so much stock on hand, Delivery is pretty quick.

Just so you know, we often check the prices here in CR and then call that store to check the prices, That store almost always beats the CR store by quite a bit.

Good luck.

Edited by kandahar

I saw M Kool brand at Mae Sai hospital. It seems pretty good. It is water air cooler and it works wonder....Glad if any one pass by to any electrical shop in Mae Sai or Chiang Rai and happen to see this brand..Kindly let me know...And also any one has experience buying this kind of stuff online and of coz able to send to country wide

OP, check out Daikin in CR.

Just north of the river bridge, Maekok Road intersects with Highway 1. One block from Highway 1 is a large blue and white building on your right. So, that intersection is the last set of lights before you cross the bridge over the river on Highway 1 going into CR. Make a right there onto Maekok Road, go one block, look on your right. There is also a large sign on the front of the building that reads Uni-Air.

They are a air-conditioning shop. They carry a LOT of brands but they don't stock that much. We ordered today (Monday) and they said our delivery to the store is Wednesday at noon and installation is Thursday morning .

They do not carry M Kool, nor have they heard of it. They do sell the water type air-conditioners though.

Brands include Carrier, Trane, Mitsubishi, LG, Panasonic, Daikin and about five more that I can't recall.

No English speaking personnel in that shop.

They do travel to Mae Sai for installations.

Prices there were at least 10 percent cheaper than the appliance shops in town, and maybe 20 percent cheaper than Sinthanee, etc, depending on the brand and model. The wife got a really good deal because of her connections but her sources say that shop has the best prices in town.

Mitsubishi compressor plant burned so all shops in Thailand are quoting the middle of next month as the earliest they will have Mitsu's in stock if it isn't already on the floor in their store. Other brands aren't affected.

Daikin store phone numbers are 053-716-555 and 053-714-400

For myself i usually buy electrical stuffs from Sinthainee as their service is good and guaranteed the stuffs u buy. They will call u to follow up what u brought from them 1 to 1 exchange within 7 days. I had tried other shops but they always give me bad stuffs and some will spoil although the prices is cheap. Sinthainee is near to the maesai border, about 500m on the left before the border and just beside the shell station. For some other small stuffs i will get it from a private source from my wife's friend