German Man, Thai Wife Commit Suicide In Nakhon Ratchasima

george

German man, Thai wife commit suicide in Nakhon Ratchasima

image_2010061718354845B18320-0986-1CD3-A5F2B95C05D51CC6.jpg

NAKHON RATCHASIMA: A German man and his Thai wife committed suicide at their residence in the provincial seat, leaving Bt200,000 (US$6,150) cash and a suicidal note saying the cash was for their funeral and that no guests should be invited for the ceremony.

Local police were told by neighbours that there was a strong smell coming from the couple's home. According to the authorities, both may have died for about a week, as the dead bodies found were swollen with lymph flowing out of them.

The wife, Suphap Rese, 60, was lying dead on the couch in front of television in the living room. Her head was shot with a .38 revolver. Gunter Rese, 73, was found dead on the floor. His right temple was shot also with the same kind of weapons. Next to his body, a .38 pistol was discovered with two spent bullet cases and another three cartridges in the weapon.

According to a preliminary investigation, no traces of intrusion were found by outsiders and all doors and windows were perfectly sealed.

However, three pieces of paper were discovered at a door inside the house, a photo frame inside the living room, and at a room wall. All were signed by both in English of which the same message was written in Thai saying that "the land, the house, and all furnishings including other items and belongings should be kept at the exact same place without being touched for ten years".

The message continued by indicating the name of a temple where their bodies should be buried in case of death without any guest being invited to participate in the ceremony. It also said that a copy of the three documents should be sent to the German consulate in Bangkok, with its full address written down.

Two piles of new banknotes were discovered, each for Bt100,000, placed on a cupboard with a note in English stating the money was for the funeral.

According to the dead couple's neighbours, police said they were married and lived together for over ten years. They always went to places together, had never been seen fighting, while also being kind and loved by the neighbours, who added the couple had recently donated more than Bt600,000 to a local temple.

However, police are searching for relatives of Mr and Mrs Rese for further investigation. The suicide is believed to be resulted from the couple's condition of stress that they had no offspring to care for them. The bodies were sent to a local hospital for an autopsy.

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2010-06-19

"The suicide is believed to be resulted from the couple's condition of stress that they had no offspring to care for them."

Isn't that projecting very Thai values onto a German man? Looks like their money situation wasn't too bad, so where was the stress?

"The suicide is believed to be resulted from the couple's condition of stress that they had no offspring to care for them."

Isn't that projecting very Thai values onto a German man? Looks like their money situation wasn't too bad, so where was the stress?

Yep, I thought the same thing - just a culture-biased guess at the cause of a sad mystery.

But there are many possible roots of 'stress' aside from peoples' 'money situation'.

:)

Sad, and not what I would think of doing...even if my Thai partner was willing to take her part...though I'm not fool enough to expect she ever would agree to such a thing. She's far too practical, and would just tell me to make sure I left the bankbook where she would find it easily. (I love her dearly, but I know her quite well also)

But I guess in a way you have to admire (maybe that's not the correct word) them for having the...well shall we say... Cahones...to do it with some dignity and style anyhow. I don't think I would, if it ever came down to that.

As the qoute goes:

But go not gentle into that good night,

And rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Now somebody tell me what Shakesperian play it is from.

:D

Tis a sadder fate than many take.

And yet twas theirs alone to make.

And most to act so would surely quake

And live another day to awake.*

*Animatic

But go not gentle into that good night...*

*Dylan Thomas

Do not go gentle into that good night,

Old age should burn and rage at close of day;

Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,

Because their words had forked no lightning they

Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright

Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,

And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight

Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,

Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Edited by animatic

RIP

but there is more to this i think ....

you would not kill your self if you had no off spring , well not at 73 !

this should not be a case closed suicide , as it was obvious he had money, did she have any kids set to inherite ?

maybe i watch to many crime drama's, but this just doesnt seem right

A very sad story! But once again the article leaves me with more questions.

The wife, Suphap Rese, 60, was lying dead on the couch in front of television in the living room. Her head was shot with a .38 revolver. Gunter Rese, 73, was found dead on the floor. His right temple was shot also with the same kind of weapons. Next to his body, a .38 pistol was discovered with two spent bullet cases and another three cartridges in the weapon.
Where in the head was she shot? Back of the head? Sounds more like a possible murder, suicide? Although there were notes in Thai, she may have been a willing victim... She was only 60 though. Anyway still very sad! Edited by Jimi007
  • Like 1

Yep, I thought the same thing - just a culture-biased guess at the cause of a sad mystery.

But there are many possible roots of 'stress' aside from peoples' 'money situation'.

Sorry, but I am inclined to disagree. They left 200,000 baht and had donated 600,000 baht, which make a wordly sum of 800,000 baht - not alot to live on if there is no other source of income and by all accounts, the lady could have the expectation of living another 10 years ie three score years and ten. The alternative view is rather than imposing Thia values on the German, the German visualised that he was unable to make provision for his loving wife, particularly when he is gone to the "pub in the sky" and rather than leave her desolate, he/they decided to go together. It's also always possible that he or she had some terminal illness.

I hope it was a joint decision in the end and in that case, God Bless them both.

so from the report, she was found dead on the sofa in front of the TV, and he was lying on the floor with the gun....

so bascially she killed her self first, then him, unless the body was close to the sofa she was sitting

did they take fingerprints from the gun??????

when couple commit suicide, they normally do by overdose, together on a bed or something holding each other....

do the Thai Police force have Detectives that investigate every case and every angle before conclusion?

as if this happen in the uk or Germany, it would certainly not be ruled as suicide by the report mentioned above !

Webfact

just seen your post, and as mentioned before RIP to them both

but i dont like the fact the BIB will just put it down to Suicide straight away without a proper investigation just to save paper work

again RIP

This seems to touch on the reality that Thailand offers. If you have "made it", meaning if you have all the fundamentals in life and have plenty of money, then you are "set" for life. On the other hand if you haven't "made it", if you don't have all the basics in addition to money, then it's like you are nothing. A nobody. These two people felt that way. The article hinted that even though they had a decent relationship and enough money, they realized they were lacking in something else so big -- others to share that with.

Hey, all of you who posted "RiP"...! May I remind you all that REST and PEACE in the heaven we must deserve during our lives??

We are deserving it in each second - the way we grow, the way we deal with the things, and the way we spend our lives for until the very last seconds. May I remind you all that ALL religions strongly prohibite suicides (inclide thai version of Buddhism), and ALL of the self-killers will be burn in hel_l forever? Growing up to their age - and end the live (the MOST expencive gift in the Universe) by the .38 hole in your skull, well-made by your own hand?? OMG........

From the story which is posted on the 1st post I feel NO sad on them, if they really comitted suicides. I unable to say "RiP" as they will (are!) not. For me, the while story sounds as "Save Earth - kill yourself!". I am sorry if it hurts someone here, but it is my opinion based on the posted words.

No RIP. I'll save it for a different cases (like the recent death of the Scandinavian while he tried to save thai boy from the earth hole)

PS: and, of course, if it is a murder (not a siicide) - it is another, very different story.

In the absence of the autopsies, you should hold your judgement. What if one of the couple had alzheimers or terminal cancer? It is not uncommon for one spouse to accede to the wishes of the other and help end the person's suffering. The surviving spouse is unable to live without the other and follows suit.

It is easy to wag one's finger, but what happens to older people with a debilitating illness and limited financial means in Thailand? If you are a foreigner and have no family you will have a grim end. It is why so many choose to throw themselves from the balconies of Pattaya. Who will care for the old man that is incontinent and senile? What happens if one has Parkinsons or MS? There aren't seniors homes in Thailand. Families take care of the elderly. If there is no family, what then?

And what if the couple in this incident were struck by despair and dpression, mentally ill for lack of a better description? Would you still condemn a person that was distraught and mentally disabled?

Please do not quote religious scriptures until you have undertaken serious reflection of the intent and meaning of the passages you reference.

• Like 1