Any Idea What This Is?

billythefish

I found this growing in my first water tank - before the filter system - it was about two inches above the waterline. When wet it resembles a bag of about 4 inches each way, it is as sticky as a hot marshmallow and will cling to anything.

The photos are after I got it out of the water tank, and it immediatley shrunk. I thought it might be something made from frog spit or similar.

There were no signs of eggs or anything else inside - just like a ball of snot!

The photos are on a leaf as it was the only way to cqarry it without it disintegrating.

snot2.gif

snot1.gif

Frog, Spider or what?

Alien invasion matey??? Wife been acting a little odd lately??? :) Either that or you have become God and created a new life form.......

The wife has been acting oddly since the day we met! But that has to be expected.

but besides her mental shortcomings -, this thing is pretty disgusting - I was bricking it taking it out of the water tanks in case it suddenley split and I was attacked by a million baby cobras or Jakep - there sems like there is nothing inside and it is just a sticky ball of goo! I think it must be from a frog (Any French people in my neck of the woods?) or a frothing Thai.

Yep, the spawn of some kind of frog, Had a big deposit of it on the side of a large pot of water in the garden, gradually shrunk and then hey presto lost of tadpoles swimming in the pot!

TBWG :)

Yep, the spawn of some kind of frog, Had a big deposit of it on the side of a large pot of water in the garden, gradually shrunk and then hey presto lost of tadpoles swimming in the pot!

TBWG :)

Thanks, I was hoping it was that and not some disaster in the making, a plague of cockroaches or something.

TBWG :D

Thanks, I was hoping it was that and not some disaster in the making, a plague of cockroaches or something.

Better not tell the wife, why that's a whole meal you have just destroyed :)

TBWG :D

Better not tell the wife, why that's a whole meal you have just destroyed :)

She's got the gas on already - and a bit of Maggi - should be a treat no doubt! what is it the Yanks call it..."Smores" or something..Mmmmm can't wait!