Tv Remote Replacement

phuketsub

Does anyone know where to get a replacement remote for a JVC television? I went to the place on the bottom floor of Big C and bought one for 100 baht. They tested it and assured me it sent out some kind of signal, but when I got it home: nothing...

I guess I shouldn't have been surprised given the price and country of origin. The other kicker is that they have a sign over the remotes saying 'no refunds' in Thai...

Does anyone know if someone is selling them at the Thieves Market near Naka Temple?

Any help most appreciated

There is a place in Phuket Town on Krabi Road, just after the one way road Thalang Road end, goes into 2 way Krabi Rd, and the shop is on the left side on the corner of a small lane. Can't remember the name of the shop, something like Wella Electrics.

Google Map 7°53'5.65"N 98°23'11.18"E

There is a place in Phuket Town on Krabi Road, just after the one way road Thalang Road end, goes into 2 way Krabi Rd, and the shop is on the left side on the corner of a small lane. Can't remember the name of the shop, something like Wella Electrics.

Google Map 7°53'5.65"N 98°23'11.18"E

thanks; perfect walking distance too...I wonder if it is open Sunday...only one way to find out

Here is a quick trick to test a remote. Point your camera phone at the infra red sender on the top. Push any button on the remote and it will show red on the camera viewer. No light and the remote is dead or needs new battery.

Here is a quick trick to test a remote. Point your camera phone at the infra red sender on the top. Push any button on the remote and it will show red on the camera viewer. No light and the remote is dead or needs new battery.

Yeah, the guy at Amorn (BigC) tried that trick and got a red light,but it has no effect on my tv...It's a nightmare going through all those channels manually and with two big games on at the same time tonight it's gonna be just awful.

Mission accomplished. I must say, the remote control shop at the Weekend Market (aka. Phuket Variety) is very good and I also got a new remote for my DVD player.

For reference it is located on Soi 2.

They give a one month warranty on their stuff, unlike Amorn at Big C, who manufacture them at their Bangkok plant but won't even let you return them the following day if they don't work. (there is a sign in Thai to this effect, but not in English]

On a different topic, which probably deserves its own thread, the Weekend Market is highly unfriendly towards tall people - I had to walk around bent over tho whole time because of the low-hung canopies - and the constant playing of Kenny G makes the experience even worse.

It's a good place for people watching, though.

Anyway, its time to crack open a beer and enjoy my new remotes to watch the Germany - England match...may the best team win.

Thanks to all who offered advice.