Armed Forces/Veterans Day

TropicalBerts

Saturday 26th June is UK Armed Forces Day, come along to Tropical Bert's from 6pm, free curry buffet, raffle, singalong with Old Bob ( he only knows the dirty ones) and an Auction.

WE have two of our St Georges Day 2010 shirts signed by four footballing legends, Ian Rush (ex - Liverpool and Wales) Lee Sharpe ( ex - Man Utd and England) Steve McMahon (ex - liverpool and England) and Viv Anderson (ex - Forest and England)

These guys were in Bangkok recently and the British Chamber of Commerce Thailand kindly arranged for the signing. All proceeds will be split between the Royal British Legion and Pattaya Blind School.

post-103555-059203400 1277106420_thumb.g

Bert, I hate to say this but why are you giving to the blind school on an Armed forces day. Surely all the money raised should go to the British Legion to help disabled ex forces personell.

Bert, I hate to say this but why are you giving to the blind school on an Armed forces day. Surely all the money raised should go to the British Legion to help disabled ex forces personell.

Good question JMS,

Had I been running the event under the RBL banner in the UK it would have all gone to the RBL, however it is with my Tropical Bert's head on so I will split any money made to the two charities so that we are seen to be supporting a local charity, I did the same last year.

As to why the Blind School, I have always supported them and the shirts for auction (signed by the footballing legends) are in fact our St Georges Day Charity ones that are sold in aid of the Blind School, so in fact it is the Blind School Shirts we are auctioning.

Hope that clears things up, I see where your coming from and you are correct to ask, however please remember we are not a charity here and I must be very careful how I go about things:whistling: ,doing it this way certainly helps, I gave 30, 000 baht each last year to the RBL, Help for Heroes and The Blind School from Armed Forces Day.

Cheers

Bert

Edited by TropicalBerts