No Helmet In Florida

prepress

Just visited Florida 2 weeks ago. I was surprised to see big bikes with their drivers not wearing a helmet. They told me they fought for it to decide themself if to wear a helmet or not.

Now, what about all those american security standard talking?whistling.gif

Do you want to live in a world where the government has outlawed everything that is potentially bad for you... :bah:

I don't know what all the fuss is. Why not just let natural selection sort it out.

And as heartless as this sounds, fact is that these guys who ride without helmets and suffer fatal head trauma in motorcycle accidents are usually young and healthy and supply a significant and useful volume of organs in the US... :whistling:

Helmet saved my life once and saved me from some damage on a couple of other occasions. I feel naked riding without one...

Happy Trails!

Tony

Motorcycle_Ram.jpg

There's a couple of states that have repealed mandatory helmet laws.  I think the latest one was Pennsylvania.  

Euro guys may find it strange, but not everyone wants to live in a nanny state where the govt forces you to do everything that is good for you.  Actually, if you live in Thailand, I would think that would be part of the appeal for coming to LOS - to get away from all the government intrusion.  

There's a couple of states that have repealed mandatory helmet laws.  I think the latest one was Pennsylvania.  

Euro guys may find it strange, but not everyone wants to live in a nanny state where the govt forces you to do everything that is good for you.  Actually, if you live in Thailand, I would think that would be part of the appeal for coming to LOS - to get away from all the government intrusion.  

Yup, BP would agree with you..... :ph34r:

Euro guys may find it strange, but not everyone wants to live in a nanny state where the govt forces you to do everything that is good for you. Actually, if you live in Thailand, I would think that would be part of the appeal for coming to LOS - to get away from all the government intrusion.

Not at all. Some things about nanny stare are screwed up but we just understand that the tax payers all share the bills if we end up a vegetable in a wheelchair. It is less about personal freedom (sic) than it is about social responsibility. Canadians may not find it strange either.

Like the old adage if you have a $10 head wear a $10 helmet. Not wishing to profile but all the so called "tough' guys who ride bikes without helmets would not be seen dead (pardon the pun) on a construction site or a rig without their aluminum hard hat with US flag sticker and all their other trophy stickers.

Ok coffee over back to work!

Edited by VocalNeal