Vegan Protein Supplement?

Hi!

Is soyaprotein ok?

If so, there are proteinpowers at GNC but they are very expensive in Thailand and most people I know eat it to get enough protein while training (working out in english?)

I am new to Bkk but i have seen a GNC-shop in Carrefour at sukhumvit soi 26.

I am lactose intolerant and i take the GNC protein that is based on soya protein, when i go to the gym and when i can afford it.

There should be some biodynamic shop available in Bangkok as well but i don't know of any at the moment.

Perhaps not much help. :(

Take care,

comehome :)

I've asked about soy protein before and been warned away - reason being it's probably not a good idea for men to be taking soy based products.

You might want to do some research before taking this as a regular supplement.

Hi!

Is soyaprotein ok?

If so, there are proteinpowers at GNC but they are very expensive in Thailand and most people I know eat it to get enough protein while training (working out in english?)

I am new to Bkk but i have seen a GNC-shop in Carrefour at sukhumvit soi 26.

I am lactose intolerant and i take the GNC protein that is based on soya protein, when i go to the gym and when i can afford it.

There should be some biodynamic shop available in Bangkok as well but i don't know of any at the moment.

Perhaps not much help. :(

Take care,

comehome :)

Thanks a lot... I'll check it out!

Eat some chicken with eggs.

The guy is a VEGAN.. any idea what that is ? :lol:

The population of the west was the healthiest during the latter part of the second world war and the years following with rationing, do you think any of them were 'vegans'? No access to man made/processed products. I appologise for making a glib response but it seems to me that there's is no real,natural or healthy reason to be a vegan. Just want to give some practical advice. :rolleyes:

The population of the west was the healthiest during the latter part of the second world war and the years following with rationing, do you think any of them were 'vegans'? No access to man made/processed products. I appologise for making a glib response but it seems to me that there's is no real,natural or healthy reason to be a vegan. Just want to give some practical advice. :rolleyes:

I don't think anyone is trying to convert others into being a vegan or vegetarian. Okay so you have never tried the diet or done much research about it... Show some boundaries.

I think the guy was just asking where to find a certain product. Not asking anonymous strangers on the internet what they should be eating.

I am not a full time vegan myself but I would like to find some good quality pea or rice protein in Thailand. It just digests a lot better than eating animal protein. The bodies digestive system uses about 60 to 70% of the bodies energy. If the digestive effort is lowered then the body has more energy to repair muscles and organs etc as well as energy to put toward athletic exertion. It's why most athletes use a lot of liquid diets.

This Thai company has some protein supplements online but not quite what I am looking for. mostly whey protein.

Thai supplements

Edited by CobraSnakeNecktie

Im no vegan and i would never consider being one. Not many vegan bodybuilders there. Most vegans are skinny guys with almost no muscle. There are always exceptions to the rule of course but im sure they would be bigger and stronger if they were not vegan.

But when someone asks something about vegan stuff i got the common sense not to try to convert them or give them ideas that are not feasible for them.

I'm no vegan and i would never consider being one. Not many vegan bodybuilders there. Most vegans are skinny guys with almost no muscle. There are always exceptions to the rule of course but im sure they would be bigger and stronger if they were not vegan.

But when someone asks something about vegan stuff i got the common sense not to try to convert them or give them ideas that are not feasible for them.

I've been a vegan for 20 years now and never used a protein supplement. I have always used legumes, (beans), nuts or soy products to supplement my protein needs. I am 6'-1" and 88 kilos, go to the gym every other day and work out with free weights daily as well as cardio for 2 hours minimum. I am not going for muscles but only fitness. I suppose a supplement protien base would enhance body building or fat loss. My gym here has supplements, but I do not think they are non-soy. Interestingly, one of the trainers here regularly shoots up publicly with steroids. He seems quite casual in doing so as well as it appears his protege's are also bumping up with steroids as well. I wonder if steroids are legal here in Thailand for such use or just a back room kind of thing? Any answers to this issue? Sorry if off the main topic, but feel its part and parcel of supplemental diets and muscle enhancements.

I've been a vegan for 20 years now and never used a protein supplement. I have always used legumes, (beans), nuts or soy products to supplement my protein needs. I am 6'-1" and 88 kilos, go to the gym every other day and work out with free weights daily as well as cardio for 2 hours minimum. I am not going for muscles but only fitness. I suppose a supplement protien base would enhance body building or fat loss. My gym here has supplements, but I do not think they are non-soy. Interestingly, one of the trainers here regularly shoots up publicly with steroids. He seems quite casual in doing so as well as it appears his protege's are also bumping up with steroids as well. I wonder if steroids are legal here in Thailand for such use or just a back room kind of thing? Any answers to this issue? Sorry if off the main topic, but feel its part and parcel of supplemental diets and muscle enhancements.

Steriods are not legal here but they are easy to get.

There is a Thai company that produces a rice protein powder but it's no longer labeled that way. I've seen it at Lemon Farm and it may be at the Mail grocery stores. Comes in a small cannister and around 600 baht. Not in BKK at the moment, so I can't check, but I think it's labeled as a rice cereal drink now. When they first started producing it, it was labeled as rice protein. Suspect it was relabeled for marketing purposes.

Nice photo of the Jinnarat Buddha at Phitsanulok.

Real reason : You might want to think about the link between Buddhism and vegetarianism / veganism before posting in favour of chicken killing (HINT : 1st precept).

Health reason : If making claims about when the Western population was healthiest it would be interesting to back that up with some evidence. That being said, if you're referring to high levels of processing and additives in the modern food industry, then maybe you and I are singing off the same hymn sheet after all. Except that you'll find the meat industry is a good example of that problem.

Natural reason : if you want to go back to previous situations, how far back - and to which culture? To a vegetarian one? Or a meat eating one? How about to one where processed chicken wasn't on the menu...

I could go on, but I'm even boring myself. Why did I take your posting seriously?

2 posts discussing illegal activity have been deleted.

Please note that OTC purchase of prescripotion only drugs is illegal on the part of the buyer as well as the seller. And farangs have been shaken down and even arrested for this.