Hand-rolling-tobacco

syd barrett

My Uncle is soon to visit Pattaya for a few weeks....a first-timer and at 59 years of age, I fear for his sanity when he takes a stroll down soi 2,3,7 and 8 but......

Where in Pattaya do they sell hand rolling tobacco? He smokes Golden Virginia and uses red and green (2 types) of rizla....

As a non smoker I don't know....although I have seen fellow farang smoking Drum.

Also, at Bangkok airport, can you buy hand rolling tobacco? and papers?

Thanks......

My Uncle is soon to visit Pattaya for a few weeks....a first-timer and at 59 years of age, I fear for his sanity when he takes a stroll down soi 2,3,7 and 8 but......

Where in Pattaya do they sell hand rolling tobacco? He smokes Golden Virginia and uses red and green (2 types) of rizla....

As a non smoker I don't know....although I have seen fellow farang smoking Drum.

Thanks......

When I used to smoke roll-ups pre 2000 I got my Dutch baccy (Sampson etc) from the supermarket at Dolphin Roundabout (junction of Naklua Rd & Pattaya North Rd. Pretty sure they still stock it. Probably papers as well. Price about the same as European airports. Don't think you'll get it at BKK Airport.

You are correct Roy, that supermkt (believe it's a Best supmkt) sells Rizlas and Golden Virginia, it costs about one third of what you pay in UK, they also put a free pack of green Rizla in every 50g pouch. :o

Another Best supmkt (more central) is at the junction of Central Pattaya Rd and 2nd Rd (Pat Rd, 10 yds from junction, L-H-Side, heading away from the beach).

If your Uncle uses Rizla/Swan filter tips in his rollies Syd then I think he had better bring them over, I have never found them in Pattaya, perhaps someone else can help.

I always smoke that 5 baht thai baccy when I'm over, but I always have to take a handful of papers.

Is there anywhere in Issan that sell decent 'gummed' papers???? as the local ones (ungummed) just dont quite hit the spot...

Sorry to jump on your thread btw syd :o

I always smoke that 5 baht thai baccy when I'm over, but I always have to take a handful of papers.

Is there anywhere in Issan that sell decent 'gummed' papers???? as the local ones (ungummed) just dont quite hit the spot...

Sorry to jump on your thread btw syd :o

yep, you can get them in The Mall supermarket in Korat in the liquorstore...

bye the way,if you need some i have some and will sell them to you...just send me a PM and i'll get in contact with you ... :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks......

corner of second road and pattaya thai ( walking street side ) sells tobacco and probably papers . I have gotten tobacco there , the chinese boy gouges a bit , 220 baht for 50 grams , compared to 180 baht at the big chemist just past the servo suk soi 4 (bkk). This chemist also sells the blue rizzla papers if you are not a fan of the ones with saltpetre.