Visa Usa

Hi Guys would appreciate advise. Am retired lived her eighteen months am living with a younger girlfriend and wish to visit USA for a months holiday, my gf does not work as I maintain her anybody been in a similar situation can give advise? by the way I am a US citizen, thanks

The most important thing is to show compelling reasons why she would return to Thailand.

If you can do that + write a nice letter of guarantee as to her air fare, medical insurance...lodgings etc so she presents no burden to the USA then there is always the chance. small yes but a chance.

I am one of the few I know that did take my girl friend... now my wife to the US on a tourist visa. But I did show compelling reason for her return along with my letter, tax returns, business info etc.

How will you present yourselves? Meaning as friends engaged etc? Purpose of trip?

I was clear with mine that it was for her to see the US & decide if living there after marriage was viable & to meet my family.

In our case it went well & she was granted the visa.

The most important thing is to show compelling reasons why she would return to Thailand.

If you can do that + write a nice letter of guarantee as to her air fare, medical insurance...lodgings etc so she presents no burden to the USA then there is always the chance. small yes but a chance.

I am one of the few I know that did take my girl friend... now my wife to the US on a tourist visa. But I did show compelling reason for her return along with my letter, tax returns, business info etc.

How will you present yourselves? Meaning as friends engaged etc? Purpose of trip?

I was clear with mine that it was for her to see the US & decide if living there after marriage was viable & to meet my family.

appreciate your reply, really I just want to spend Christmas with my family and girl friend and show her the USA.

appreciate your reply, really I just want to spend Christmas with my family and girl friend and show her the USA.

No problem & good luck...

If you can show the compelling reason you will both return it is possible. Many will tell you no way but I know many who have done so.

Be honest & show the reason as you described...length of intended visit, lodging etc. etc.

Chok Dee

I will be going for the visa but in my case it will be for my wife. We have zero intentions of residing in the US and hope we get this visa

A Visa for your wife is usually much easier than GF. my wife got her 10 year TV on her first attempt. She showed no financial records of any kind, and my wife told me that 90% of the interview (under 5 minutes) focused around our son and myself. Of course she was able to provide a paper trail.

It helps that i live here, and we have been LEGALLY married for over 2 years, plus we have a son together who shares dual citizenship.

Keep in mind that immigration is looking at her ties to YOU even more than her ties to Thailand. Chok dee!

I will be going for the visa but in my case it will be for my wife. We have zero intentions of residing in the US and hope we get this visa

A Visa for your wife is usually much easier than GF. my wife got her 10 year TV on her first attempt. She showed no financial records of any kind, and my wife told me that 90% of the interview (under 5 minutes) focused around our son and myself. Of course she was able to provide a paper trail.

It helps that i live here, and we have been LEGALLY married for over 2 years, plus we have a son together who shares dual citizenship.

Keep in mind that immigration is looking at her ties to YOU even more than her ties to Thailand. Chok dee!

Hi Mizzi

thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it and it's helpful. My wife and I have no child and will have been legally married over 6 months by the time we apply. I own 2 condos here and we can show those home books and we spend time at her family home. I'm retired with income pension. She's nervous about it but I try to tell her to relax. I think she can get the visa. I prepared an excellent letter regarding my living here 10 years and such. We're together everyday and as I said Legally married 6 months now and likely close to 9 months or a year by the time we apply. cheers buddy

Hi Mizzi

thank you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate it and it's helpful. My wife and I have no child and will have been legally married over 6 months by the time we apply. I own 2 condos here and we can show those home books and we spend time at her family home. I'm retired with income pension. She's nervous about it but I try to tell her to relax. I think she can get the visa. I prepared an excellent letter regarding my living here 10 years and such. We're together everyday and as I said Legally married 6 months now and likely close to 9 months or a year by the time we apply. cheers buddy

She should have no problem. Again it is important that you provide a paper trail showing your ties together. The ConOfs's are very good at scanning documents. My wife had an American ConOff (women) who spoke to my wife in both Thai and English. My wife said that she was very direct with her questioning, but also very polite, so tell your wife not to be intimated.

I think your wife has a solid chance of obtaining her visa, but Please report back and let us know what transpires either way as . even a negative experience can be of benefit for people who use this forum, and again Chok dee

Edited by mizzi39

Also remember that US Immigrations Law scrutinizes against women who've leased their private parts to strangers within the past ten years, regardless of whether you believe she'll want to return after the holidays.

did you use lawyer, agent or did you just get forms and do yourself?