Chaweng Post-Office

All these years i have been living on Samui, (close to Chaweng Noi) I have had a very bad experience with Chaweng post-office loosing nearly all the post to my address. Post from Europe always disappears, even from Bangkok the same happens. The only letter they bring to me is the monthly bill from TOT. When I go to the post-office to complain, the only answer I get is; don`t have. Are there any other people on this forum who faces the same problems, if so can we do something about this problem together, maybe we will be stronger then?

HI Blackwolf,

Contact tis lady in kor hoong post office in hatyai. Her name is sirinat. And explaijn to her ur problem. She can then direct u to the officer in charge. She can even make an appointment for u to meet with the boss who is in charge of 7 southern province.

Good luck!

HI Blackwolf,

Contact tis lady in kor hoong post office in hatyai. Her name is sirinat. And explaijn to her ur problem. She can then direct u to the officer in charge. She can even make an appointment for u to meet with the boss who is in charge of 7 southern province.

Good luck!

Thank`s Richmah. I will try to contact her.

always send post recorded delivery ..... any english written letters not marked recorded are normally thrown away or ignored as the person in the sorting office doesnt undersatnd what is written on the envolope

Where I live in Bophut (an apartment complex) the locals speak highly of the postal service, especially the speed from say, Bangkok. Maybe the foreign language part is causing the problem?

Just a thought, but some sticky labels printed in Thai with your address on distributed to people might help? Not always practical I am sure, but might be worth a try? :unsure:

i had problems. sometimes i would find my post on the floor out side my bext door neibours house. now i paid 500 baht for a p.o box but i am getting someother companies mail. i dunno i would complain but who would listen. evryone blames everyone else. just have to try and track stuff down. i get my electric bills emailed to me.

if it is text mail. email is much better if they can be bothered to do it.

I live in Namuang and am still waiting for some Christmas presents that were sent in November last year. One arrived a week after sending, so I know its not a problem with my address but I am still awaiting three. Have been to Lamai post office once a month since christmas and still no post, either that or they binned it yonks ago.

I live in Namuang and am still waiting for some Christmas presents that were sent in November last year. One arrived a week after sending, so I know its not a problem with my address but I am still awaiting three. Have been to Lamai post office once a month since christmas and still no post, either that or they binned it yonks ago.

Exactly the same thing happened to me. Christmas present sent in November is still missing. I thing somebody else than you me had a marry Christmas last year.

• 1 month later...

I order a few things a year off of Ebay and have never had a problem with the Chaweng PO until recently. The Ebay sellers will not send things registered so there is no proof of delivery. I see cameras inside the post office, but it seems to me that it would be very easy to steal things. I have ordered two more items off Ebay so I will see what happens. Would it do any good to complain to the manager?

You have to remember that the government post office is full of thieves and lazy ba**stads. A friend of mine sent me a package last Christmas containiing chocolate bars with a magic ingredient. Some sort of mushroom!!! Can imagine the havoc caused when the Post office thief gave the chocolate bars to his patents or grand parents!!!!! LOL. That'll teach the f**ckers!

For Domestic Mail, pay a little extra & use EMS for sure...

For sending overseas, just Register it if EMS is too expensive for you, my success right is incredibly high to the US, Canada, UK etc & i'd say would be around the 99% mark honestly & that is a LOT of stuff going over the past 6 Months from thsi specific Post Office, only problems i have which seems to be through all walks of life not just Postage, is Germans & French..

It costs an extra 55 THB to register...