First Concert?

Spee

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watford Odeon, about 1960/61, Everly Brothers - there was a relatively new band, The R

Then went to Flamingo Club (Wardour St) and Ricky Tick (Windsor), etc. where Georgie Flame, et al performed and went to many Beatles concerts.

Best of those 60s bands i saw was definately The Yardbirds at Richmond RickyTick club,

my god those guys could play music .Eric Burden and The Animals at the London Scene club were also awesome live . Eric was a spotty faced youth .

post-19668-1135791934_thumb.jpg

It's a close one, and I can't be sure. It was either Richie Havens or a free concert by J Geils in Central Park NYC. The Richie Havens one was a funny one becuase my older sister promsided to take me, along with her boyfriend, if I won a free ticket on the radio contest they were having. I'm sure to her dismay, I actually won. I think I was 12

First concert was Jimmy Gilmer and the Fireballs (Sugar Shack), 1963, Pacelli

High School. I took a girl from a neighboring, competeing, town. A few of their thugs came in to hassle us. My buddies beat the crap out of them right in front of the stage.

After that we used to go to the biggest party in the Midwest (Summerfest, Milwaukee). It was all free and paid by the beer companies.

http://www.summerfest.com/aboutus/history.htm

I wanted be dead cool and say, The Stone Roses or New Order, which with my mates were two of first in 89 and 90, but...........

I.m afraid though after thinkin about it that, it was Boney M at Butlins (or the other one) in Southport. I think it was 83. I was only 7 so the memories a bit shady. I should remember an event like that though eh.....! :o

redrus

It was either Rush/Reo Speedwagon or Alice Cooper (Can't remember which cam first and which came second) in Kalamazoo around 1976. Fun at the time, but I was around 14 (and stoned). Overall the 70s wasn't that good music wise, but that may be why those of my generation have been able to 'move on" and haven't spent the last 30 years listening to the same few hundred songs like the 60s generation has.

Edited by Ladphrao