First Test

On Star now just about to start: My guess All Blacks 27 Lions 26

Looking forward to a good game :o

New Zealand 21 - 3 British & Irish Lions

A great day for NZ rugby and a sad day for the British Lions.

Brian O'Driscoll looks out of the series.

Let us hope in Wellington, there are a few more Welshmen on the pitch.

Well done New Zealand.

Just writing this to prove or disprove, I can see into the future.

I dreamt last night the All Blacks beat the Lions 17-6.

Close Thomas, cant dream me up some lottery numbers can you ? :o

Yes, my lotto numbers are always just as close.

What is it they say - a miss is as good as a ...?

At least we lost to a world class team. Not like if we lose the Ashes. :D

what do u mean "if"........what u mean is "when...and u dont have the Ashes now, and u wont have them in September either.....

I suppose that its good that the Lions are in NZ, coz at least the All Blacks can get some good practice matches and play around with them , before the real games of the Tri Nations start......

Even 4 countires with their combined best team cant match one of the mighty Southern countries...... :D:D:D

really.....

Is it that time of month again Lamp? or are you just standing in for fart, Aussie isnt only world class but world CHAMPS. :D

Is it that time of month again Lamp? or are you just standing in for fart, Aussie isnt only world class but world CHAMPS. :D

:D:D:D

Thanks for the support from our antipodean neighbours.

As my uncle used to tell me about the WW2.The Aussies and the Kiwis used to love giving each other <deleted> and used to fight lots when they were on R & R,but as soon as sombody threatened one or the other..they were all in boots and all togeather.The ANZAC spirit lives on. :o

Sorry Oz; not intended for you. Thought I'd try a little.bit of fly fishing. Hooked a Big Mouth <deleted> ( sorry Bass; see last post) Shame I can't read it. Bound to be vile though.

Edited by lampard10

Sorry Oz; not intended for you. Thought I'd try a little.bit of fly fishing. Hooked a Big Mouth <deleted> ( sorry Bass; see last post)

Naaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

No second prizes Lamp'ie......I already posted that.....

and dont get to insulting...coz oneday we may run into each other...Bangkok is a small place.....

G the Kiwis for a little country of 4 mill they produce great athletes.

Very boring second half thats for sure.

Still at least they can still raise a team,...oh for the late sixties early seventys.

Seems Soccer is the game of choice in Europe these days :o

Yea, a little one sided and could have been a bigger margin. Lions line-outs lacking. Weather didn't help much.

Yes.....not being able to play Rugby Union doesnt help....

Bring on the Tri nations....

G the Kiwis for a little country of 4 mill  they produce great athletes.

Very boring second half thats for sure.

Still at least they can still raise a team,...oh for the late sixties early seventys.

Seems Soccer is the game of choice in Europe these days :o

Yea, a little one sided and could have been a bigger margin. Lions line-outs lacking. Weather didn't help much.

Yes.....not being able to play Rugby Union doesnt help....

Bring on the Tri nations....

Well its not Rugby Union.....just ask the Italians !!! go u Wallabies

UPDATE 2-Grewcock banned two months for biting

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:41 AM BST

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand, June 26 - British and Irish Lions lock Danny Grewcock was banned on Sunday for two months, immediately ending his tour of New Zealand, after being found guilty of biting All Blacks hooker Keven Mealamu.

The International Rugby Board (IRB) suspended the Englishman from playing until August 26 after he bit Mealamu's finger in Saturday's opening test, won 21-3 by New Zealand.

The IRB's judiciary officer, Australian barrister Terry Willis, reached his decision after a hearing that lasted all day and included video and audio evidence as well as accounts from players, team managers, match officials and a doctor.

"The Judicial Officer accepted that Mealamu's fingers inadvertently entered Grewcock's mouth at the breakdown but rather than removing the fingers in a more conventional way, Grewcock bit Mealamu's right ring finger, and accordingly he found that the player was guilty of biting," an IRB statement read.

Grewcock was only selected on the bench for Saturday's match but joined the game in the 57th minute as a replacement for his fellow Englishman Ben Kay.

The incident with Mealamu happened in the 63rd minute. Grewcock was later charged by the independent citing commissioner, South African Willem Venter, after he reviewed the match.

The ban was the latest in a series of ugly on-field incidents that have marred Grewcock's career.

He was suspended for six weeks last year for stamping on the head of All Blacks centre Daniel Carter when England were touring New Zealand.

He also missed England's one-off test against the All Blacks the previous year after being banned for punching his England team mate Lawrence Dallaglio in a club match.

In 1998, Grewcock was banned for foul play on another tour of New Zealand after he became just the second Englishmen to be sent off in a test match.

The Lions are expected to decide in the next few days whether to call for a replacement for Grewcock.

UPDATE 2-Grewcock banned two months for biting

Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:41 AM BST

CHRISTCHURCH, New Zealand, June 26  - British and Irish Lions lock Danny Grewcock was banned on Sunday for two months, immediately ending his tour of New Zealand, after being found guilty of biting All Blacks hooker Keven Mealamu.

The International Rugby Board (IRB) suspended the Englishman from playing until August 26 after he bit Mealamu's finger in Saturday's opening test, won 21-3 by New Zealand.

The IRB's judiciary officer, Australian barrister Terry Willis, reached his decision after a hearing that lasted all day and included video and audio evidence as well as accounts from players, team managers, match officials and a doctor.

"The Judicial Officer accepted that Mealamu's fingers inadvertently entered Grewcock's mouth at the breakdown but rather than removing the fingers in a more conventional way, Grewcock bit Mealamu's right ring finger, and accordingly he found that the player was guilty of biting," an IRB statement read.

Grewcock was only selected on the bench for Saturday's match but joined the game in the 57th minute as a replacement for his fellow Englishman Ben Kay.

The incident with Mealamu happened in the 63rd minute. Grewcock was later charged by the independent citing commissioner, South African Willem Venter, after he reviewed the match.

The ban was the latest in a series of ugly on-field incidents that have marred Grewcock's career.

He was suspended for six weeks last year for stamping on the head of All Blacks centre Daniel Carter when England were touring New Zealand.

He also missed England's one-off test against the All Blacks the previous year after being banned for punching his England team mate Lawrence Dallaglio in a club match.

In 1998, Grewcock was banned for foul play on another tour of New Zealand after he became just the second Englishmen to be sent off in a test match.

The Lions are expected to decide in the next few days whether to call for a replacement for Grewcock.

Ha ha ha A great opportunity I know but think I will leave that one alone :o Let the Brits comment ,I know they would if it was a kiwi or Aussie

what do u mean "if"........what u mean is "when...and u dont have the Ashes now, and u wont have them in September either.....

I suppose that its good that the Lions are in NZ, coz at least the All Blacks can get some good practice matches and play around with them , before the real games of the Tri Nations start......

Even 4 countires with their combined best team cant match one of the mighty Southern countries...... :D:D:D

really.....

Lampard.....are u reading this......

You should be used to it by now............ :D:D