Wimbledon Tennis On Pattaya Tv?

Drew345

I just arrived in Pattaya a couple of days ago. I like the channel line-up, seems very different from UBC and very customized to the needs of Pattaya citizens and visitors. Love the local English channels!

Anyone know where to find Wimbledon tennis? Have you seen it on Pattaya TV? Probably on in the middle of the night.

In Bangkok usually the tennis majors are on Starsports (I think), what channel is that in Pattaya. I ran through all the channels and seemed to have missed Starsports.

Thanks

I don't have UBC. I have some kind of Pattaya Cable. I never saw any of these channels before outside Pattaya, but it is a nice selection for a change.

Thanks for info that Star sports has the games on late night - early morning.

Does anyone know if star sports is carried on the usual Pattaya Cable selection?

Thanks,

Drew

Ok, so when the op said English programmes, he didnt mean English programmes, he really meant English speaking programmes!!!!!!

I just wish they would start the BBC entertainment channel again instead of all this American rubbish. No reflection on any Americans reading this but your tv is US. :D...lol

HL :D

Sounds like you're on Sophon Cable which shows sport on 3 channels on a regular basis although what they show is pretty much a matter of pot luck. On my set up it's channels 21, 44 and 46 but I'm not sure if that's standard. They have been showing the World Cup matches and I think I noticed Wimbledon on there the other day but not sure. I may have been watching UBC.

I get

33 Eurosport

34 NBT (Thai local sports)

35 Astrosport (World Cup)

63 Astrosport (same as 35)

According to the UBC (now called truevisions) they have Wimbledon on many times a day on Star Sports with live play at night and repeat in the daytime.

Bummer, doesn't seem to be any star sport on my Pattaya cable line-up. Oh well, if I wake up in the middle of the night I'll just turn on to check if Tennis is on.

I miss tennis also. No cable for me. Perhaps if a few of us got together for a match or 2 we could get a pub or bar owner to turn the good matches on. Tuf during world succer cup, more rather watch that. So if 4-6 of us march into a place, Bert's comes to mind, we might have a shot.

Any takers? Any ideas?

kdf

I have Sophon cable and so far not seen any Wimbledon coverage only the world cup on Astro Sports and Athletics and other stuff on Eurosport....

I currently have Sophon cable and I'm a tennis fan. The last few big matches - including Roland Garros - were on Sophon cable, and last year Wimbledon was on as well. They broadcast all the matches for two weeks straight, every day. I think the problem right now is that the World Cup is at the same time, and there aren't enough channels to show both. We'll probably have to wait for the US Open to see tennis again on Sophon, although at the very least they'll probably show re-runs of the Wimbledon finals for both men & women during the daytime.

I too went to look at the TV Listings for True and was sad that they have so much coverage of Wimbledon (because I don't have True!). I just decided not to splurge BHT 2,000 to have it installed and pay BHT 2,000 every month for it right now. Good to know the option is there though.

I was at Leo's Blues Bar on Saturday, and when the World Cup match ended around 11 they had Wimbledon on. So in between football games if you're in a bar you can probably ask to watch it if they have True cable. Good luck catching some matches!