Fresh Oysters

corkscrew

:blink:

Do you know that a by-product (if you can it that) of the Pearl Oyster business (yes, it does exist) in Thailand is raw or fresh Oysters available on the Thai market? Of course, you have to know what to look for...and make sure they are fresh and clean them carefully yourself. But you can get good fresh Oysters locally. You can also get good Oysters in the Chinese restaurants in Bangkok...and I suppose other places also in Thailand.

Do you know that a by-product (if you can it that) of the Pearl Oyster business (yes, it does exist) in Thailand is raw or fresh Oysters available on the Thai market? Of course, you have to know what to look for...and make sure they are fresh and clean them carefully yourself. But you can get good fresh Oysters locally. You can also get good Oysters in the Chinese restaurants in Bangkok...and I suppose other places also in Thailand.

I agree. Coming from Mo Chit end down Sukhumvit, on the left hand side under Thong Lor BTS is a fresh fish place. I haven't been for a while, but the oysters were local, always very good, and I never got sick. They serve them at 35bt a piece with the four condiments of crispy fried onion, chilli sauce, sour vinegar and.... I've forgotten the last one!

I've always wondered about the oysters in a plastic tub that you see in the supermarkets for 25-30thb....smallish, but tastey and nice aroma....they use it in the 'hoi tat' oyster omelette.

Where do they come from??? hopefully on the clean waters of the Andaman sea and not the 'gulf of Thailand'. worst fears are that they come from China!!!

Comparing fin de claire oysters with those found meandering up and down Pattaya Beach all day is silly.

Now I don't mind those lil guys with the spicy condiment but honestly who really knows if any of them are off until you roll the dice.