Non Imm B Visa Vs Non Imm O Visa

Non Imm B Vs Non Imm O.

I am unsure which Visa I should apply for.... being in my best interests.

I have a Co Ltd in Thailand and used to receive a Non Imm B Visa. As I showed the Co Ltd and business lease of the hotel I was running years ago.

Now simply wish to look at opportunities then perform some work under my Co Ltd I setup in Thailand. Can I simply supply my Co Ltd documentation with a letter detailing my objectives to gain the Visa.

Otherwise I have a dependant spouse and child in Thailand whom are dependent upon me for support. Yet I wish to look for another business opportunity and work whilst in Thailand.

Can you work on a Non Imm O Visa? As it easier to simply show my spouses and childs info.

Once a business or work is found the Work permit can be either supplied by my Co Ltd or another company.

Prefer my company issues the Work Permit, as you are then not tied to simply working for the one company. Or being tied to one company then re-applying every single time I work or consult for another company. Even if I supplement my income by teaching before operating my next business in Thailand. I would prefer to have my own company in Thailand supply me with a Work permit.

The rules seem to change regularly in Thailand. Can anybody help me decide on the best option for me? I cannot find the correct information on the site and have looked for hours. Thanks.:jap:

You can get a WP with a non O visa *. I'll assume your wife is Thai.

"Prefer my company issues the Work Permit, as you are then not tied to simply working for the one company."

I think you might be mistaken about that.

Yes, you can work if you have a non-O visa, only not when you are on an extension of stay based on retirement.

The work permit only allows you to work for the in the work permit mentioned company, in the in the work permit mentioned capacity. A new employer or new function means a new work permit, and if you have more than 1 employer the first employer must agree to add the second employer to the work permit.

whats the correct procedure after applying for a work visa? how long does it take?

ive heard social security do a check on the four thai employes first, is that correct?

Edited by kopite

You apply for a work permit at the labour office, with all kind of documents from you and your employer. The labour office will chek it and give you a work permit if everything is fine. (They also check if the work cn be done by a Thai and some jobs are not open to foreigners).

If you don't already have a non-B visa when you come to Thailand, you can only get a non-B visa in Asia if you have applied for the work permit.

For extensions of stay based on employement from immigraiton stricter rules applies than for the work permit.

You apply for a work permit at the labour office, with all kind of documents from you and your employer. The labour office will chek it and give you a work permit if everything is fine. (They also check if the work cn be done by a Thai and some jobs are not open to foreigners).

If you don't already have a non-B visa when you come to Thailand, you can only get a non-B visa in Asia if you have applied for the work permit.

For extensions of stay based on employement from immigraiton stricter rules applies than for the work permit.

thanks for the info mario, im on a non O, and married.

i was just wondering about the time scale (rough) it takes to receive the work permit, as i have been told conflicting stories.

also, i have been told that social security will pay a visit to the premises, and inspect that the premises are open for business and check that the four thai personnel are actually present in the building.

im looking to apply for the permit 4/5 weeks before being open for business, is this possible?

I thought you needed a Non Imm B or O Visa before you even apply for a WP. As you cannot get a WP on nothing or tourist Visa.

The downfall I see about getting a WP through my own company is that I now do not have 4 Thai's officially working in my Thai Co Ltd.

In terms of getting a Non Imm O, I am in a defacto relationship with a Thai girl and she cares for our 1yo son in Thailand. They are financially dependant upon me. I guess I can supply a copy of my son's birth cert, passport and my partners passport. Will that be all?

I thought the Business Visa would be easier with simply supplying my Co Ltd details, as I used to do. Yet I used to also supply a lease over a hotel that was valid, now it is not. They never ever asked to see funds in a Thai bank, as my Co Ltd has a value of 10 mil bt applied to it.

I think the Co ltd details should be sufficient. I will fill out the forms and see how I go. As I have received Imm B Visa from 2003-07. 2x B Visa's and 2x O Visa's (When married to a Thai that I divorced from in 2007).

So I will supply my previous expired passport as an extra... Hopefully that will be enough to gain a Non Imm B Visa multi entry. $225 pa for Aussies. $90 for single entry.

i was just wondering about the time scale (rough) it takes to receive the work permit, as i have been told conflicting stories.

also, i have been told that social security will pay a visit to the premises, and inspect that the premises are open for business and check that the four thai personnel are actually present in the building.

im looking to apply for the permit 4/5 weeks before being open for business, is this possible?

When I had a hotel for 3 years they never bothered to come out to the premises to check on Thai staff. Yet they did perform some sort of check to ensure I had employed Thai citizens only by giving their details. They never paid any tax, yet I paid a tax man 'tea money' every 3 months. Yet a guy who worked for labour law within the government called to suss out the rate I was paying the Thai's for what sort of work. After he was satisfied the rate was good enough he said OK Mai Pen Rai- chok dee. Then that was the last i heard from them in the following 3 years. I sponsored a couple of Burmese people and had more hassles with that than employing Thai's and getting my WP.

This was some years ago, yet I would think it depends on how big ur business is. If claiming 10 Farang WP's then they will definately come to see if you have 40 Thai's working for you.

I thought you needed a Non Imm B or O Visa before you even apply for a WP. As you cannot get a WP on nothing or tourist Visa.

The downfall I see about getting a WP through my own company is that I now do not have 4 Thai's officially working in my Thai Co Ltd.

In terms of getting a Non Imm O, I am in a defacto relationship with a Thai girl and she cares for our 1yo son in Thailand. They are financially dependant upon me. I guess I can supply a copy of my son's birth cert, passport and my partners passport. Will that be all?

I thought the Business Visa would be easier with simply supplying my Co Ltd details, as I used to do. Yet I used to also supply a lease over a hotel that was valid, now it is not. They never ever asked to see funds in a Thai bank, as my Co Ltd has a value of 10 mil bt applied to it.

I think the Co ltd details should be sufficient. I will fill out the forms and see how I go. As I have received Imm B Visa from 2003-07. 2x B Visa's and 2x O Visa's (When married to a Thai that I divorced from in 2007).

So I will supply my previous expired passport as an extra... Hopefully that will be enough to gain a Non Imm B Visa multi entry. $225 pa for Aussies. $90 for single entry.

You can apply for a WP on any kind of visa, they will only not issue it till you have the correct visa. So if someone enetrs Thailand on a visa exempt entry he can still apply for the work permit, but labour will give him a WP3 form, which indicates that the person has appleid for the work permit. One than takes the wp3 form to a consulate in a neighbouring country and can get a non-B visa. After returning to Thailand on the non-B you then get the work permit.

Getting an extension of stay based on having a Thai child requires an income of 40,000 a month or 400,000 in bank account in Thailand. In addition immigration wants to see proof that you live with the child and that you are the legal father of the child. (If not married in most cases you will not be the legal father, unless you legitimised the child by going to court. being on the birth certificate is enough to get a non-o visa, but not for getting an extension of stay. Marrying the mother would automatically make you the legal father).

An extension of stay based on working for the company will only be allowed if the company has tax papers over the last two years.

I can't tel you that, as that depends on the labour office and the job you apply for. But normally it is enough. I would go and see labour first and have a talk with them to smooth the way and ask for their suggestions. You will need some forms from them anyway.