Have You Noticed That Thaivisa Is Now Much Faster To Load?

george

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Have you noticed that Thaivisa is now much faster to load?

We have done some server improvements and optimized our routing lately. Have you as a user of Thaivisa noticed that the forum is now much faster to load?

Your input is much appreciated.

The Admin team

I can't say that I had noticed any change in speed, but I often load several pages at a time.

I have noticed that I no longer get pages failing to load. I used to often have to refresh pages.

Definitely an improvement.

I will try to note how quickly they are loading before doing the poll.

We have done some server improvements and optimized our routing lately. Have you as a user of Thaivisa noticed that the forum is now much faster to load?

The Admin team

Yes much faster.....Thanks!

Edited by BigSkip

The problem I have experienced since the changeover is that the message system no longer works, I've been trying for a week now to see my old messages but nothing comes up, not even new messages, the page just fails to load every time. Hardly an improvement.

The Admin team

Have you noticed that RSS is now working????? Just one small problem everything that come's up on it is dated 6/6/2010 or before, so please please dont keep telling us how wonderful every thing is, when it still mostly a pig ear. sugestion if you spent less time sending email's and used it to put thing's right maybe we might all be a little more happy.

26th to day Three week's since chang over. Any one taking bet's on when it'll be back to normal.???? Im waiting with my few baht that say's it's Christmas, or the next Thai new year. Sorry if I offend but fact's are fact's.

Maybe faster to load,

but this page format is sooooooo slooooooow to uuuuuuse,

that I have hardly wanted to log in because the frustration factor is so great!

That bad.

It is all kludge;

pages don't scroll, typing is 30 seconds beyond actually typed, much of the time,

and worse with more than one page Tab open like Live Today page,

and a reading page. Pages come up fast, but take a full minute or more

to settle down enough to scroll and read, and still they jump around or freeze.

I have tried Firefox, Opera, Camino and Safari.

Something is incompatible and I am ready to move else where.

No doubt that will please several posters....

Teething pains aside. All in all this has been a distinct backwards move. IMO.

Not what you wanted to hear, but my reality.

Edited by animatic

Seems slower to me now that I am back in LOS but I'll put that down to crappy internet.

One thing I don't like is when I hit View New Content it tells me there is none and I have to log out for a while to see new posts.

Also after posting a reply I have to keep hitting 'back one page' to get back the original post.

No doubt I'm doing something wrong. :blink:

reason for edit, I'm an idiot. Please ignore this post. duh.

Edited by krading

The speed looks about the same to me.

Having said that my Internet Connection is pretty bad so would probably not notice any difference.

For half of the year I use the Forum from Europe and it is and always has been fine, probably because you are all in bed when I am on-line, but the other part of the year I am in Thailand and then mostly the speed is rubbish, but I don't think it matters much what you do with your servers, routers etc. the problem is the chronic state of the Thai infrastructure. Lack of bandwith, maybe only 1 or 2 Gateways to the 'outside' world. Until the Thai government accepts that Thailand is not just limited to the greater Bangkok area and that the majority of its citzens live beyond Bangkok, I don't expect much improvement.

Do not be disappointed with Negative, or no change votes. Users experience changes according to the time of day

he checks Thai Visa, His connection band width and his speed. Add users personality, patience or lack there of and

you can realize that the three part questionnaire cannot produce a reliable result.rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

Maybe faster to load,

but this page format is sooooooo slooooooow to uuuuuuse,

that I have hardly wanted to log in because the frustration factor is so great!

That bad.

It is all kludge;

pages don't scroll, typing is 30 seconds beyond actually typed, much of the time,

and worse with more than one page Tab open like Live Today page,

and a reading page. Pages come up fast, but take a full minute or more

to settle down enough to scroll and read, and still they jump around or freeze.

I have tried Firefox, Opera, Camino and Safari.

Something is incompatible and I am ready to move else where.

No doubt that will please several posters....

Teething pains aside. All in all this has been a distinct backwards move. IMO.

Not what you wanted to hear, but my reality.

I experience the same. If I open 3 or more Thaivisa pages everything stops and I' stuck with the spinning beachball (Mac OSX). I have to force-quit my browser and start afresh. Typing this is a major PITA and a severe exercise in keeping my patience. In the status bar it says "Read widgets.amung.us" all the time. Get rid of those widgets! And get rid of Flash too, it is getting worse with every "upgrade".

Whew! Typing this post has taken me more than 10 minutes and my Mac is no slouch otherwise ...

Regards, Jörg.

The problem I have experienced since the changeover is that the message system no longer works, I've been trying for a week now to see my old messages but nothing comes up, not even new messages, the page just fails to load every time. Hardly an improvement.

My message system was down for a week or so but is back up and running, generally with my very slow connection TV pages seem to be loading faster.

thanks

• Like 1

Having said that my Internet Connection is pretty bad so would probably not notice any difference.

For half of the year I use the Forum from Europe and it is and always has been fine, probably because you are all in bed when I am on-line, but the other part of the year I am in Thailand and then mostly the speed is rubbish, but I don't think it matters much what you do with your servers, routers etc. the problem is the chronic state of the Thai infrastructure. Lack of bandwith, maybe only 1 or 2 Gateways to the 'outside' world. Until the Thai government accepts that Thailand is not just limited to the greater Bangkok area and that the majority of its citzens live beyond Bangkok, I don't expect much improvement.

Actually we are using a content delivery network, with servers spreaded around the world, that will deliver the moust of the content to you from a nearby server. This will not help too much if you have a slow connection to the internet but will help a lot if your connection to internet is fast in general.

I've experienced a fair few of the negatives that have been posted. I really rely on the RSS feeds and the direct forum connections, and that has been horrendous.

It seems as though you did not run this in a real-time parallel before going live.

I've experienced a fair few of the negatives that have been posted. I really rely on the RSS feeds and the direct forum connections, and that has been horrendous.

It seems as though you did not run this in a real-time parallel before going live.

I have to qualify my quicker vote in that I have noticed a quicker load on one computer that I use and on another it seems about the same. Either way I have noticed that it gets to the page you want without delay.

Edited by keith7777

When will the full RSS options as before be available? Now I can see the banner which is good but the RSS new category still do not work and I can’t have quick review of all different available areas to go to

Actually we are using a content delivery network, with servers spreaded around the world, that will deliver the moust of the content to you from a nearby server. This will not help too much if you have a slow connection to the internet but will help a lot if your connection to internet is fast in general.

OK, that would account for the fast response in Europe and the slow response in NE Thailand.

Edited by cme

May be a little faster but the last two days letters <BR> and other letters are showing up in posts and replies. At first I thought it was just one poster doing this but is it showing up in many posts and replies, including mine. I am not adding it it just appears.

May be a little faster but the last two days letters <BR> and other letters are showing up in posts and replies. At first I thought it was just one poster doing this but is it showing up in many posts and replies, including mine. I am not adding it it just appears.

I've seen it before and has happened to me. Are you using the Preview Post before using the Add Reply? That's when it has happened to me.

//edit - also, are you copying and pasting your replies from an external editor like MS Word?

Over here in the states where I'm am located no change was noticed, but I'm speeding along at a fairly rapid clip with my internet connection.:thumbsup:" As for a few months from now when I'm in Thailand.... ":ermm:"

Edited by 1weatherman

The Admin team

Well can't see much difference here in the uk..

But keep trying one day Thailand will catchup!!!(wakes up...ZZzzz)

The page itself loads at about the same speed, but when typing or editing it seems slower. For a while there were ads on top of peoples posts. I really didn't care for that at all! There are still a few quirks, like a scroll bar appearing in the middle of a page, then it disappears if you scroll down past it and back up again... All my old PM's disappeared too.

I've seen it before and has happened to me. Are you using the Preview Post before using the Add Reply? That's when it has happened to me.

//edit - also, are you copying and pasting your replies from an external editor like MS Word?

No I am just replying like normal or making a quick reply.

The Admin team

Yes, definitely. Much faster now... If now the quality of the postings could improve, we then have a perfect forum. Let's go step by step.... :ermm: