New Mattress

Beanster1

In the market for a new mattress, any tips on where to go and what to look for.

They had some massive savings in Homepro, but I'm not sure if that's an inflated price made to look cheaper, but is actually the regular price.

They had some discounted pocket spring mattresses from 62,000B to around 13,000B.

Any other places I should be looking?

Cheers,

Beanster

Not sure where to go, but I've seen a large variance in price.

I think the main thing is to lay on it long enough to be sure that you're happy with the firmness and feel.

If you're paying a lot, I'd want to be sure that it has a decent guarantee.

There's a good mattress and bed-linen shop on J.J. Market (dunno the name it's one of those Thai shops with no-name)

Coming from the moat, going towards Kamtien market, it is on the right corner of the first intersection.

Fair pricing and "western style / quality" mattresses.

I've bought a Queen size mattress there for 6.000 about 2 yrs ago. (not the Thai cardboard thing, really comfy)

If you go past Lotus Tesco (the one North of Chiangmai centre) and turn left after BATA shoes, go straight through the next 2 sets of lights on the left is a big shop selling lots of beds and mattresses and their prices are reasonable but as always locally made are cheap and western imports are expensive.

I agree with KhunVee. The place is called Penang Matterass, have bought several things there over the years. Also good for bed linen. They have another branch on Chiang Moi Road - it's on a corner on the RH side. And a couple of other locations in town too.

http://www.latexinno...s/Welcome_.html or click on their banner on the CM-subforum. :)

Was considering one of their toppers. Do you sleep on their mattress?

I do and have a fairly bad case of arthritis, but still only need a topper because their latex "mattress" is so comfortable. I am really glad I bought mine.

Edited by Ulysses G.

i looked at many places and in the end got one from home pro at the big c complex 9,900 baht with a protector also - price originally was 23,000 - it's a sealy posrturpedic 6 foot - great mattress.

firm so will stay good for years, you can get a topper if you want softer but i tested loads and this one was as good as any for reasonable price.

i think they still sell them you have to go right inside the shop .

there's also a bed showroom just outside the entrance where you can test some out.

http://www.latexinnovations.com/Latex_Innovations/Welcome_.html or click on their banner on the CM-subforum. :)

Great prices.

Looking for a new latex part myself, I'll go with those guys. Latex mattress prices vary wildly - they're very expensive at Homepro/Central and half as much when no-name brand (just as good though), and half again when buying from the factory.

Last year there was a factory sale at Central KSK, I met the factory owner there - wanted to scope the market. Latex factory in the south of Thailand near rubber tree plantations, and I can't imagine it's the only one, there must be more. The prices at his shop for latex products were 1/4 of Central...

BTW I don't think they sell direct but it's interesting nonetheless - different kinds of mattresses sold by Patex which is the company exhibiting at KSK above... there's different kinds of latex foam http://www.patexfoam.com/content/blogcategory/1/4/

Edited by nikster

http://www.latexinno...s/Welcome_.html or click on their banner on the CM-subforum. :)

I do and have a fairly bad case of arthritis, but still only need a topper because their latex "mattress" is so comfortable. I am really glad I bought mine.

I agree that the latex mattress is great. I just bought a king size mattress and it is the best sleep I have had in Thailand in my 25 years of living here :)

i do and they are excellent, most comfortable surface ever, soft but supportive, especially if you do suffer from some form of back problem, i've got the 10cm version.

Went to there web site. I see they have pillows does any one have information on them.

i do and they are excellent, most comfortable surface ever, soft but supportive, especially if you do suffer from some form of back problem, i've got the 10cm version.

Went to there web site. I see they have pillows does any one have information on them.

A pillow is a large cushion support for the head, usually used while sleeping in a bed, or for the body as used on a couch or chair. There are also throw pillows (also called toss pillows), which are pillows that are purely decorative and not designed for support or comfort. Outside the USA these are generally considered a type of cushion, with the term pillow reserved for the pillows on a bed

A pillow is a large cushion support for the head, usually used while sleeping in a bed, or for the body as used on a couch or chair. There are also throw pillows (also called toss pillows), which are pillows that are purely decorative and not designed for support or comfort. Outside the USA these are generally considered a type of cushion, with the term pillow reserved for the pillows on a bed

ho ho ho