Dual Citizenship

Hi, can anybody clarify whether or not a thai national can have dual citizenship over the age of 18? Is anyone familiar with thai/australian passport regulations.

Thanks!

Hi, I'm 39 and have Japanese/Thai dual citizenships.

As to thai/australian passport regulations I'll leave that to Samran to answer :o

Hey Taxi,

In a word: Yes.

Do a search under my name on this site. I have answered this question plenty of times! Golden rule: Even though it is legal, don't tell any officials. There are plenty of recalcitrant ones out there who refuse to belive that it is legal!

Cheers

Samran

Hi, can anybody clarify whether or not a thai national can have dual citizenship over the age of 18? Is anyone familiar with thai/australian passport regulations.

Thanks!

My thai wife is a dual citizen of Thailand and Aussie. Perfectly legal. She has 2 passports.Enters and leaves thailand on her thai passport.Enters and leaves everywhere else on her aussie passport.

Thanks everyone, I thought this was the case, but someone tried to tell me otherwise the other day so I thought I'd check.

Cheers!

yes, there are lots of folks in LOS who substitute hearsay for real knowledge.Always a good idea to listen to whose who've been there,done it and live it !

also..with her dual citizenship, she has bought land in thailand over the years with zero hassle.as far as the thai authoritys are concerned she only has thai nationality.there is no obligation to inform them of other nationalities held.