Tourist Visa Refused

Insufficent information provided. There has to be more

to this. Visa's are not denied on a whim, although

I'm sure there will be posters who will disagree.

He was refused his THIRD tourist visa, i.e. he already has TWO back to back tourist visas in his passport, the issuance was denied for this reason and he was told so by KB consulate staff. I was informed by guest house manager of stricter enforcement regarding visa issuance rules and regs' the day before i spoke to the English guy who was refused visa. Not a whim .

My experience in Penang was really ugly. It has nothing to do with how many times you use rec'd visa prior at any cons/emb. Has everything to do with # of visas and ...any trips home country matter not. In fact, while I did have 5 pieces of paper, 9 visas, over two+ years....and...I was never in Thailand more than 7-8 mnths during that time. Two of those visas were not even utilized!

They just saw they visas and tossed it back - almost literally.

I even had a ticket back to states and was only requesting a single and had money to show and had no extensions.

I said ..but I have to fly out of Thailand, I have a ticket out! He told me, get this... to fly in and out to get my two months. So, I try to be legal and they tell me to do something dicey.

You can no longer live on TRs. Sooner or later the hammer will fall.

Edited by bangkokburning

It is normal in most countries A Tourist visa is for tourists not for people to live in a country, Australia and New Zealand allow maximum 6 months in any one year. Others consider you a resient for Tax purposes if you stay 6 months and you have to pay tax. Thailand is much more lenient than most countries in this respect

• 2 weeks later...