Please Take My Dog

This is a long shot but I need to find a home for a naughty dog as I'm leaving Thailand.

I love her very much but every now and then my dog bites people. She's never given people more than a nip and only people who she thinks are threatening but still not cool. She does give great security, however. Also, she seems to only bite Thai people - ??? go figure???

Now I'm hoping to find someone who has an enclosed garden and would like to take on my slightly naughty dog. She actually has a fantastic personality and, as I said, only nips people she finds threatening and usually when she thinks they're threatening to us (her owners)

I know this doesn't exactly sound like the worlds best offer but I know she's make a great companion for the right person.

• Like 1

I don't understand why you're abandoning your dog? Why take on a dog that you're not prepared to love and look after until one of you dies?

There are FAR too many people here who think leaving the country is a reasonable excuse to abandon their dog - ITS NOT.

I realise you're trying to find her another home, but why not take her with you and pay for a dog behaviourist to sort out the problem behaviour?

• Like 1

I don't understand why you're abandoning your dog? Why take on a dog that you're not prepared to love and look after until one of you dies?

There are FAR too many people here who think leaving the country is a reasonable excuse to abandon their dog - ITS NOT.

I realise you're trying to find her another home, but why not take her with you and pay for a dog behaviourist to sort out the problem behaviour?

Second that!cant understand why you took the dog in the first place??Get the shots and the piece of paper needed and take the dog with you!

• Like 1

Puleeeze! Get real. The man is looking for a home for his dog. Either help him or butt out. Neither he nor anyone else needs your sappy condemnation. If you are such a great dog lover, why don't you "save" the poor mutt? Maybe you can both get some therapy.

• Like 1

every one simmer down. now!!...

appeals to find homes are allowed here. no need to question the reasoning behind the appeal. not everyone has the wherewithal to ship a dog home, not all countries allow easy import of dogs, not everyone knows ahead of time what will be in the future when they decided to take on a pet. finances/marriages/family problems all change. this person is being responsible enough to find a home for a less then ideal dog (nips) and we should help and not hinder this effort.

to the OP please post pics, vaccines? age? type/breed/mix spay/neutered? how far are u prepared to travel to place the dog? any other relavant info?

non pertinent posts will be deleted.

thank you, :jap: bina

every one simmer down. now!!...

appeals to find homes are allowed here. no need to question the reasoning behind the appeal. not everyone has the wherewithal to ship a dog home, not all countries allow easy import of dogs, not everyone knows ahead of time what will be in the future when they decided to take on a pet. finances/marriages/family problems all change. this person is being responsible enough to find a home for a less then ideal dog (nips) and we should help and not hinder this effort.

to the OP please post pics, vaccines? age? type/breed/mix spay/neutered? how far are u prepared to travel to place the dog? any other relavant info?

non pertinent posts will be deleted.

thank you, :jap: bina

really agree with you..Bina

by the way..Is there anyone able to take mother & son?? They are in Pathumthani with new owner, but they bite neighbour's chicken. so the new owner wants return them, but I still have 3 female dogs need homes.

The mother is around 5,6 years old the son is just had his birthday in May. He is one year old. They are mixed. if you dont care breed and dont have chicken at home please take them..

post-99171-082510400 1277800649_thumb.jp

I agree. The Thais have no great regard for pets and dogs are raely cared for. I would suggest that the ratio of soi dogs to properly house trained mutts is quite high.

God, this is tedious - can you or anyone else name any country that has such a high number of small veterinary practices or where supermarkets have such a large pet food zone?

Of course "the ratio of soi dogs to properly house trained mutts is quite high." This has nothing to do with whether pets are held in high regard or not, but is because the widescale culling of animals, particularly dogs, is simply not acceptable in a Buddhist society.

If you don't want to or can't help the OP with a home for his dog (and I can't as I have several dogs already and a nervous dog would have a very bad time) then fine, don't, but why does this sort of sensible request and similar posts always have to become an opportunity to bash either Thais generally or those who are not, for whatever reason, in a position to give an animal an ideal home? If OPs took the abuse they get here for trying to do what they can for their pets seriously then they would avoid posting about it altogether and simply dump them quietly at the nearest temple and leave with their halos outwardly intact. Good luck to both you and your dog, IsaanBrit.

Not have the dog catcher trucks in your town?, it may not be culling on a grand scale but when that truck drives past my place its certainly full of mutts. They usually have a rack of plastic buckets/bowls etc to give away.

At the end of the Soi a large bend where several dogs used to gather and bark at passing locals on the mo-cys, one day they were all gone "peace & quiet" again, someone a bit miffed laid out some poisoned meat.

I stopped listening to that Bhuddist belief tosh some years back now!.

Not have the dog catcher trucks in your town?, it may not be culling on a grand scale but when that truck drives past my place its certainly full of mutts. They usually have a rack of plastic buckets/bowls etc to give away.

At the end of the Soi a large bend where several dogs used to gather and bark at passing locals on the mo-cys, one day they were all gone "peace & quiet" again, someone a bit miffed laid out some poisoned meat.

I stopped listening to that Bhuddist belief tosh some years back now!.

phutoi,

once again: here, people are looking for more humane suggestions like rehoming their dogs and cats, for whatever reasons that they cannot take care of them, raise them or take them back with them. these are family pets, not soi dogs or village packs therefore suggestions that may fit the bill for village packs do not apply here. keep the thread on topic: re homing several different dogs/cats from several different families...

bina

I agree. The Thais have no great regard for pets and dogs are raely cared for. I would suggest that the ratio of soi dogs to properly house trained mutts is quite high.

God, this is tedious - can you or anyone else name any country that has such a high number of small veterinary practices or where supermarkets have such a large pet food zone?

Of course "the ratio of soi dogs to properly house trained mutts is quite high." This has nothing to do with whether pets are held in high regard or not, but is because the widescale culling of animals, particularly dogs, is simply not acceptable in a Buddhist society.

Whilst I hope the op finds a home for his dog, I must query your comment re culling of animals .

Here in Isaan, every 2 weeks a caged pick-up truck tours my village and neighbouring villages, and either catches dogs in the streets or provides the owners of dogs they no longer want with a plastic bucket. These dogs are then transported to the Cambodian border markets where they are sold by the kilo for food which is a delicacy there -just as it is in parts of Thailand. Buddhist beliefs don't enter into it. It is just a means to an end!

dogs as food is a subject that has been covered extensively in the issaan section; but to clarify: a large percent of thais, while they will eat meat, they love meat, will not neccesarily do the slaughtering but it is ok that someone else does it, unlike other buddhist countries that are more 'vegetarian' in nature.

a large percent of thai vets also will not euthenise because of the same buddhist precepts, whether we agree or not that the animal suffers, that is a fact of life in thailand.

passing the unwanted dogs off to someone else (like to the cambondian border) then is seen as a reasonable solution to a manifold problem (unwanted dogs).

but that is for an other thread, one of which, i should say, has been discussed many times, until tempers rose and the threads were closed. so please let this thread for re homing pets, stay open w/o the rest of the comments.:))

bina