Your Opinion Needed Mitsubishi Triton

Okertes

go to the showroom & take it for a test drive, that's the only way to find out. trucks are made to haul, therefore the leaf springs in the back will mean you'll bounce about alot, not good for your back that's for sure. in the economical & safety sense, a car would be a better option unless you live on a farm & need to truck supplies to/from a to b. also keep in mind that 2nd row seats are upright - it's the same for all brands - therefore don't expect happy passengers.

Not to keen on the design my self, but the two issues i would consider is the small bed size compared with other trucks and a low resale value compared to all the other trucks with exception to the GM truck i would imagine.

But as far as new trucks are concerned they all have a 3 year warranty, and i would imagine some very good deals with the Triton compared to most others.

Ride well if you want a comfortable ride then get a car, at the end of the day it is personal choice.

Just out of being nosey why or what made your wife choose the Triton?

I purchased a Triton 4 cab with the automatic transmission about 4 months ago. So far I haven't had any problems, it seems to get excellent mileage, it's ride seems to be just as comfortable as a car and I got some extras for free. When I made the deal I got them to include the DVD/CD player and back up camera in the deal then talked them into a 30,000 baht discount. Although I paid a lot more down in my financing of it, I found they would finance as much as 75% of the purchase price. The only problem I had was that it took about two weeks to get all the paperwork approved and deliver the vehicle.

I have had my Mitsu Triton nearly 4 years now.

Only complaint I have is a few squeaks and rattles have started from the dash plastic when over really rough roads.

Comfort wise there has been no complaints from me, the wife or any other passengers.

Economy seems very good, averaging up to 15 km/l on a run, never less than 12 km/l even when in a hurry. Mine is fitted with a cover which seems to improve mileage.

Finish is holding up well even though I rarely clean it lazy bugger that I am. On the odd occasion I take it to the local car care it always polishes up like new.

As mentioned above the size of the rear bed is limited by it being a 4 door but no more than others and I have only wished for larger a couple of times but then again mine is not used as a workhorse.

Depreciation is a pain though. Recently offered 400k against a new Pajero Sport which was less than we hoped for.

I have never regretted buying and would get another if mine were wrecked.

Not to keen on the design my self, but the two issues i would consider is the small bed size compared with other trucks and a low resale value compared to all the other trucks with exception to the GM truck i would imagine.

But as far as new trucks are concerned they all have a 3 year warranty, and i would imagine some very good deals with the Triton compared to most others.

Ride well if you want a comfortable ride then get a car, at the end of the day it is personal choice.

My lovely wife likes the design and the fact that the front passengers space looks bigger then other trucks I am think buying and driving

a truck is safer for the little family but maybe I am wrong.Cheers

I have had my Mitsu Triton nearly 4 years now.

Only complaint I have is a few squeaks and rattles have started from the dash plastic when over really rough roads.

Comfort wise there has been no complaints from me, the wife or any other passengers.

Economy seems very good, averaging up to 15 km/l on a run, never less than 12 km/l even when in a hurry. Mine is fitted with a cover which seems to improve mileage.

Finish is holding up well even though I rarely clean it lazy bugger that I am. On the odd occasion I take it to the local car care it always polishes up like new.

As mentioned above the size of the rear bed is limited by it being a 4 door but no more than others and I have only wished for larger a couple of times but then again mine is not used as a workhorse.

Depreciation is a pain though. Recently offered 400k against a new Pajero Sport which was less than we hoped for.

I have never regretted buying and would get another if mine were wrecked.

If you are selling you may have a good customer we arrive in CM toward the end of July

My lovely wife likes the design and the fact that the front passengers space looks bigger then other trucks I am think buying and driving

a truck is safer for the little family but maybe I am wrong.Cheers

Great.

Posts #17 and #18 are from people who actually own them, may be you should listen to them rather than those of us who don't own them, it would be nice to hear from more Triton owners. Take a look in the motoring forums and type in Triton inn the search box, quite a few articles from owners. Good luck

i always thought from the side the triton looked like cinderella's carriage until a friend pointed out it's more like a circumcised prick. i agree :rolleyes:

concerning the ride comfort, take it for a drive, but find a road that has a couple of pot holes and you will see what i mean. however this is not a triton specific problem, all truck suspensions are almost the same, but i think nissan & mazda has the worse ride ever.

Had mine for 2.5 years and would echo the above. No problems/complaints and a very enjoyable ride. Excellent acceleration.

Good experience from dealer in CM - my second pickup from them.

CMMCB