How Would You Advertise Your Housing Development?

The family is breaking ground (actually under construction for 6+ months now and just now starting to sell) on our first neighborhood development project. It's in Pattaya (and I'd like to withhold the details regarding price, # of units, area per unit, and location for now since this isn't a commercial ad).

Now the question is... if this were your own project, how would you attract local foreign buyers (aside from the standard roadside billboards... that are already in place), both newbies and old hands? Money IS an object so the less costly the marketing concept, the better.... but of course outrageous ideas are also welcome as well.

:o

Well Heng, you could advertise in mine ThailandConnect for close to what you'd pay for just local advertising (as an intro). It goes to over 1500 places from Phuket to Chiang Rai and we'd put it online at the "other site" as well, lotsa offshore traffic, US, Uk, Aus, Scandinavia, Sing, being among the highest country referrers.

Erm, you could also ask for a banner on the grand daddy of Thailand hits, ThaiVisa of course! :o

Well Heng, you could advertise in mine ThailandConnect for close to what you'd pay for just local advertising (as an intro). It goes to over 1500 places from Phuket to Chiang Rai and we'd put it online at the "other site" as well, lotsa offshore traffic, US, Uk, Aus, Scandinavia, Sing, being among the highest country referrers.

Erm, you could also ask for a banner on the grand daddy of Thailand hits, ThaiVisa of course! :D

Thanks bahtandsold, we might look into that. TV as well perhaps. We'll see.

:o

Maybe you could first try to find out how foreigners found their houses. Maybe start a topic here and/or elsewhere asking, "If you bought a house from a development how did you hear about the development?" That might give you ideas about how to advertise.

Also there is a topic somewhere on TV about Craigslist just starting in Bangkok. Its a free (I think its free) internet service where people list what they're looking for or selling I think....though I've never really looked at it so I'm just repeating rumors here.

Edited by chownah