Rat Man

ThaiPauly

We have a severe problem with rats in our garden. :angry:

Just returned from a month in the UK, my car would not start. Dealer came to look at it and said that rats had chewed through some of the wiring.

After they had towed it away and after further inspection they said that they had been feasting on other cables they could not see from ground level. :annoyed:

Cost to repair , about 35k and a two week wait at least as the parts have to come from Germany. <_<

So the 35,000B question is does anyone know a company that will efficiantly elliminate these vermin from my property?

Thanks in advance

TP

This one came up on a search

CNX Pest control

Haven't used them< I use Chiang Mai Pest Control in the city - for termites(Samlarn Rd). Sorry don't have their number on me.

My rat control is a strictly 4 legged Whiskas loving moggy. Not to mention all the other moggies that pass through for free food.

Cats. Cheapest and best solution. All other solutions are temporary.

When the cats have got rid of the rats, how would he get rid of the cats? Dogs?

And what will get rid of the dogs? the neighbors? then who will get rid of the them?

Cats. Cheapest and best solution. All other solutions are temporary.

When the cats have got rid of the rats, how would he get rid of the cats? Dogs?

And what will get rid of the dogs? the neighbors? then who will get rid of the them?

Crocodiles_1.sized.jpg

I never have problems with dogs.

Ian_sitting_on_croc.jpg

Edited by IanForbes

I am away from my vehicle for long periods of time due to work. Mice nests and urine feces deposits and well as wire damage caused over $1500 baht damage. I put bags of mothballs in the engine compartment and made sure all opening (heater,ect) were plugged. Never been attacked since.

Unfortuantly with any vermin problems unless your immediate neighbours can be coerced into joining you in a clean up campaign the problems will continue. Rats are a tasty dish in some parts of Thailand but maybe not in CM.

Before we had a cat we used to put traps out - favourite was dried Mama noodles :lol:

Why all the daft suggestions about what to put on a rat trap? Noodles, sticky rice, peanut butter, chocolate?

It's glaringly obvious what you should use electric cables

Sometimes, I despair with you lot, I really do[

Edited by sbk
annoying font changes removed

Our best ratter was a terrier dog. I'm not certain that Thai cats, which tend to be small cats, could take on the big rats you see here. Plus, you can tell where there is rat activity just by watching the terrier get all excited about a certain area. That will help you to position your rat traps where they'll do the most good.

Wow that was an expensive holiday.

Got a call yesterday from the BMW dealer who said the damage was worse than they thought, cost of repairis now up to 60,000 Baht :blink:

That will teach me to put England flags out before the big game, they wre obviously trying to get their own back on the Germans :unsure:

Our best ratter was a terrier dog. I'm not certain that Thai cats, which tend to be small cats, could take on the big rats you see here. Plus, you can tell where there is rat activity just by watching the terrier get all excited about a certain area. That will help you to position your rat traps where they'll do the most good.

Our cats have no problem dealing with the rats here. The problem I have is them leaving the dead rats in different places around our house.

I had a problem with rats in the ceiling. Rat poison (bought it at bigC from Bayer) did the trick. The advantage is that you do not have to get rid of the dead rats; they eat the poison, go out to drink somewhere else and don't return (at least I did not find any dead ones).

Have a friend who had a rat crawl into the open air con vent of his Izusu station wagon and then die, he thinks he must have left the control knob in the 'air from outside position' Cost him 4k to have it taken out.

Cats are good though I have one on guard in the car port at night and the ones in the ceiling get the poison treatment then go outside and die like whatsupdoc says

I have a pair of French Bulldogs, they just LOVE rats, will sit for hours anywhere they think a rat might be.

I've never seen a live one here, quite a few dead ones from the fields nearby mind.

• 2 weeks later...

This one came up on a search

CNX Pest control

Haven't used them< I use Chiang Mai Pest Control in the city - for termites(Samlarn Rd). Sorry don't have their number on me.

Thanks for the tip, we had CNX fumigate our house yesterday and have promised to take care of the rat problem though that may take some time.

I had a problem with rats in the ceiling. Rat poison (bought it at bigC from Bayer) did the trick. The advantage is that you do not have to get rid of the dead rats; they eat the poison, go out to drink somewhere else and don't return (at least I did not find any dead ones).

I concur, that blue rice poison from Bayer works like a charm.

Except a couple times I did have the stinky dead ones dead in my house. But I tell you what, after a couple months of using that and a lot of dead rats, they seem to be gone for good.