Rural Immigration Offices

I have been Visiting Rayong Immigration, both in Rayong City and Mabtaphut for 20 years, I have never had anything but praise for their effeciency and service.

I am disabled and several times they have sat me down taken my documents and processed them.

Yesterday I went for my 90 day registration, one of the lady officials saw me coming and met me at the bottom of the steps, which atmitedly I hate negotiating, she took my passport and form and went and did all for me, but more than that when she returned she told me not to come again, only for visa renewal once a year.

In future I just send the form, passport copies and a SAE by post and they will do all for me.

I have been annoyed at the service in Pattaya, when I have had to use their services, It is probably the pressure of dealing with so many foreigner applications, it is just another pleasure of living 'up country' here.

Has anyone else heard of similar courtesy from Thai Government services?

The mail in option is actually a normal function for most offices available to anyone. But nice they took it upon themselves to advise you. You also have the option to have someone do the process for you.