Khao Phra Wihan --- Open For Business ?

Ianatlarge

Does anyone know if Khao Phra Wihan (in Sisaket province) can be visited now. Or does anyone know who I can contact to find out. There is a number given for the park, but every time I phone no answer.

Any help appreciated.

Do you mean the National Park on Thai soil?

Or the temple on Cambodian soil?

I heard that the National Park was opened but probably, you'll not be able to approach the temple zone.If no one answer your phone calls, maybe the park is closed again.

I guess the temple is open for visit BUT

1- difficult to reach (at least 100 - 150 km on the Cambodian roads from the border or from Siem Reap if you fly to Cambodia)

2- maybe not so secure, maybe the Cambodians will tell you it's open to pretend the situation is under control but we don't know if / when troubles will happen again at the bottom of the temple in the disputed zone.

I heard that the National Park was opened but probably, you'll not be able to approach the temple zone.If no one answer your phone calls, maybe the park is closed again.

1- difficult to reach (at least 100 - 150 km on the Cambodian roads from the border or from Siem Reap if you fly to Cambodia)

2- maybe not so secure, maybe the Cambodians will tell you it's open to pretend the situation is under control but we don't know if / when troubles will happen again at the bottom of the temple in the disputed zone.

I am thinking of the Kymer temple, thus I need to be able to cross the border. Any ideas?

I am thinking of the Kymer temple, thus I need to be able to cross the border. Any ideas?

No way from the Thia side unless you want to get your arse shot off. May be from the Cambodian side. but watch out for the land mines and that is no joke. :o

No way from the Thia side unless you want to get your arse shot off. May be from the Cambodian side. but watch out for the land mines and that is no joke. :o

It park itself certainly open earlier this year - Songkran but as getlost said, the temple unlikely to be open at present.

I visited 3 years ago - well worth the slog up the steps to get the views of Cambodia and Laos.

Border skirmishes mean that the site can be closed to visitors at any time. Could try checking here:-

Contact Address

Khao Phra Wihan National Park

P.O. Box 14 Amphur Kantharalak Sisaket Thailand 33110

Tel. 0 4581 8021 (VoIP), 0 4581 6071 E-mail [email protected]