New Anti-Speeding Equipment

Ralf61

Hi guys,

my Thai friend just showed me a souvenier from his last trip on road number 2 from Saraburi to Udon he got via registered letter. Seems, the BIB tokk some of our tax-money and upgraded some equipment. The souvenier was made around Nakon Ratchasima and costs 500THB. Well, in my home country it would have taken (at least)300EUR and a 1 month healthy walking experience. Have never heard about this, neither seen one... :whistling:

Cheers

Ralf

They started the whole red light camera thing a year or so ago.

After a few weeks they found that they were catching too many people and the cost to hire staff to issue the fines, follow up on them outweighed the revenue from the tickets themselves.

(ok I just made that up, but sounds plausible).

What happens if u don't pay them? I lost the letter they sent and have not heard anything since...

When you renew your tax it will show up and you will have to pay it plus a small late payment fine before getting the new tax.

What happens if u don't pay them? I lost the letter they sent and have not heard anything since...

When you renew your tax it will show up and you will have to pay it plus a small late payment fine before getting the new tax.

I renewed my tax last week.. No mention of it, unless it was on the same bill as the tax and I would not have noticed it as it was in Thai?

Both the wife and a worker have been done at lights in Bangkok. The letter gets sent to the registered owner and thaicbr is right it will catch up with you at the Land Transport Dept when you renew you tax. JohnnyFeelIt, it probably takes to beyond the payment deadline before it gets recorded against your tabien.