Time To Change Tires

I stopped by my tire dealer today... I thought I had to buy a new tire as someone clearly tried to slash it yesterday...

So I went up there... My mistake, not a slash just a small cut in the tire, but as my mate said... It is time for you to change tires... and wheels...

Only tires 7500B each *4 = 30000B...

Wheels and tires total 40000B...

So have a look at the wheels and the tires... what do you think, it is the same tire, just one is old and one is new...

post-36728-074594100 1277877175_thumb.jp

post-36728-057495000 1277877192_thumb.jp

It's not the same tire the tread pattern is completely different, maybe same brand, anyway they look to me like possibly still life though worn, kind of hard to tell under the fender though...On second look maybe the tires are facing the same direction so not an even comparison.

The rims don't do it for me, but hey it's your truck...

Edited by WarpSpeed

Make sure you check the dates on the tyre, some are kept in storage for a long time and if over a year or two old can degrade easily once on the car.

If the tread is not less than 3mm, there is no need to change.

There is no need to change the wheel / rims if there is no damage and you are still happy with the look.

Are you sure the garage are not being economical with the truth so that they can make a sale ?

I am sure that the threading is low as the little marker from the factory is almost up above it now...

I have decided that I will only change the tires next month... I do like the rims I have now...

Ps, they are not standard, I have 20' wheels on so the profile will look smaller... I don't use my pickup as an offroad transportation - I have my friends cars for that :-) My pickup is on dirt roads and main roads, mostly in town or between NST and Phuket/Hat Yai... So, low profile is good enough...

You guys should have seen the low profile I had on the 22' wheels I had, that was just too low...

Bad quality rims cost less than 5,000 bath each, good quality ones more than 5,000 bath each, excellent quality ones closer to 10,000 each!

I can never understand why so many people replace excellent quality rims with bad quality ones because they look better

Bad quality rims cost less than 5,000 bath each, good quality ones more than 5,000 bath each, excellent quality ones closer to 10,000 each!

I can never understand why so many people replace excellent quality rims with bad quality ones because they look better

Think for Mr. average driver, a wheel is a wheel. :)

Think about the 2 times that I have hit big stones hard enough to punch a hole straight through the tire immediately deflating it (side wall both times). Both times the rims got dented but looked and worked perfectly OK after a sledge hammer had straightened that out. That wouldn't have been possible to do with cheaper replacement rims :)

Agree, originals don't look as nice but I'm OK with that

Think for Mr. average driver, a wheel is a wheel. :)

Think about the 2 times that I have hit big stones hard enough to punch a hole straight through the tire immediately deflating it (side wall both times). Both times the rims got dented but looked and worked perfectly OK after a sledge hammer had straightened that out. That wouldn't have been possible to do with cheaper replacement rims :)

Agree, originals don't look as nice but I'm OK with that

Don't think any one will be straightening out a cast alloy rim unless the want to ride on a grenade with a loose pin. :ermm:

Beautiful cars and beautiful girls

I drive with my daughter and she fits the beautiful girl concept, I can't say that the original rims on my Toyota fits the beautiful concept though :( But sturdy they are

Edited by MikeyIdea

This is the result of a 120 km blow out on my left rear... It took quite a bit of effort to locate 255 / 55 / R19 and get 4 of them sent out to Mae Sot (I could only locate that size in Bangkok - As I'd just had a blowout I didn't trust the remaining tires although they looked ok).

I would otherwise be rather paranoid that with poor quality rims in the same situation the wheel rim itself gets destroyed making the car far more difficult to control and causing more damage.

post-22569-058795000 1278332835_thumb.jp