Explosion At The Police Station?

invex

I just heard a loud explosion at the Police 5 HQ on Super Highway, next to the Ping River. There was also dark smoke and something like automatic gunfire, immediately after the explosion.

Are they holding some kind of exercises / training at the HQ?

OP is rumor until confirmed.

I think that is why he is asking if anyone else heard or saw anything? Time will tell I guess.

I live and work a few hundred metres from Police region 5 and was outside having a smoke when I heard a quite loud bang from the direction of the police station.

Could have been an explosion of some sort but could also have been a big funeral firework or similar.

Anyway just drove by the area 5 copshop and there are no signs of any untoward incident or any unusual activity that I could see.

Nothing on the superhighway either.

There was definitely a " bang" of some sort but probably nothing sinister.

philw

Do the words EXPLOSION and AUTOMATIC GUN FIRE mean anything? :whistling:

It was  a simple observation and query for further information. What words would you use for such noises?.FYI,  Chicken Little  stated as fact that the sky was falling down, he didn't ask for opinions . The point of the tale was not to jump to conclusions ( as you did).

It was a simple observation and query for further information. What words would you use for such noises?.FYI, Chicken Little stated as fact that the sky was falling down, he didn't ask for opinions . The point of the tale was not to jump to conclusions ( as you did).

Ah yes. I just love it when alarmist mix their words to help keep the people stirred up. :D

In the mean time, I tried to find out what happened.

Apparently there was some kind of maneuver, what I don't understand.

I drove around the HQ and there is no open place to hold an exercise like that. However, they did. It was a loud blast with a dark 50m high smoke stack and almost at the same time something like automatic gunfire. This could have been a chain of smaller explosions.

Again I don't understand holding a maneuver like this at that particular police station. A few months ago, there were 2 real explosions; one was intended to kill the colonel.

Amazing.

It was a simple observation and query for further information. What words would you use for such noises?.FYI, Chicken Little stated as fact that the sky was falling down, he didn't ask for opinions . The point of the tale was not to jump to conclusions ( as you did).

Ah yes. I just love it when alarmist mix their words to help keep the people stirred up. :D

still, it beats reading food threads in the forum all the time :D