Perth: Multiple Entry Non Immigrant Type O Visa For Visiting Girlfriend

I just visited the thai consulate in Perth yesterday to apply for the non immigrant type O visa. I went to the office at 9 am with:

Filled visa application

Filled extra application from their website for type O applicants

AUD$225

One picture

Copy of my girlfriend's ID

Copy of my hotel voucher

She also asked for copy of plane ticket to Thailand which I had forgotten to take with but she didn't mind

She said to come back at 1 pm and my visa was ready when I did. Smooth process on 29th of June 2010

Bahtboy,

1&2: yes 3: Finnish

The consulate requires proof of stay in Perth if you're not Australian. Atleast that's what I gathered from previous reports here and from what the lady at the consulate said

This business of the Consulate wanting you to be in Australia for one day prior to applying for the visa is really weird. I emailed them and asked a few Q's before my trip. The reply I received was that Aus CUSTOMS would not like it if I arrived and left on the same day. What in heavens name does Customs have to do with Immigration. I explained that I was Australian (normally I don't get chopped in and out of home) but the reply was that I must be in one day before applying. You jump through their hoops to hopefully get what you want.