Extention Of Holiday

Thanks in advance for any helpful advise!

I have my nephew (15) here visiting and since his stay was initially scheduled for one month he did not apply for any visa before starting the trip.

We are in Phuket and as he pretty much enjoys the place I would like to extend his stay for another month or at least 2-3 weeks. I am not sure what's the easiest way to go: leaving and applying for a tourist visa in KL or SGP or doing an exit/reentry stamp in Ranong (not sure how long his stay will be granted in that case) or is there even a chance to extend his stay without leaving at all and if then for how long?

Thanks again.

He can not obtain more than 7 days inside Thailand or 15 days on a land border crossing. He could fly out and back to obtain 30 days (as that seems to be his visa exempt ability from first 30 days mentioned). No need to visit any consulate for that so cheapest r/t flight would work.

If he only needs 2 or 3 weeks he will get 15 days when he just leaves and re-enters the country by land border, 30 days if he return to Thailand by airplane. A flight with one of the price fighters from a neighbouring country will do. A turist visa will give 60 days, but he doesn't seem to be needing that.